Obese and doing Insanity.

Options
2»

Replies

• kconway1017
    kconway1017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the nay-sayers on this board! Yes, the people in the video are top notch in shape and on top of their game, but that doesn't mean because the workout is insane that you can't do it! I am on my second week now, and I think it's the best thing I have ever done for myself. Do I keep up with the people in the video, HELL NO. Let's be realistic, the goal is to get up and move, as long as you listen to your body and how you are feeling, you should be fine. Best of luck to you! Keep pushing through all the tough parts, and you'll be amazed what your body can do in even two weeks :)
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the nay-sayers on this board! Yes, the people in the video are top notch in shape and on top of their game, but that doesn't mean because the workout is insane that you can't do it! I am on my second week now, and I think it's the best thing I have ever done for myself. Do I keep up with the people in the video, HELL NO. Let's be realistic, the goal is to get up and move, as long as you listen to your body and how you are feeling, you should be fine. Best of luck to you! Keep pushing through all the tough parts, and you'll be amazed what your body can do in even two weeks :)
    [/quot

I appreciate you being optimistic. Thank you so much! I'll let u all know how I do tomorrow (:
  • comicbookmommy
    Options
    Hello! :) I just posted in another thread about Insanity. I did a full circuit plus one more month of MAX (so 3 months total) with about 20 pounds I wanted to lose and I actually gained 10 -12 pounds :( I grew a LOT of muscle but my existing fat didn't really burn off, so I had awesome muscle tone with a bunch of fat on top, which stunk. I did however, feel INCREDIBLE in terms of fitness ability! I could run faster and longer than ever before. I ate according to their plan, just a little fewer calories (1900 instead of 2200 because I work a desk job) and I could just NOT understand why the fat wasn't coming off. My own research led to me learning that some people cannot handle high intensity workouts because it can stress the body and actually halt fat loss. I am certain I am one of those people. Long sessions at low intensity have always worked for me, but I wanted to try something in less time with higher intensity because I just didn't have the time to go to the gym anymore (hence why I got INSANITY). I will be revisiting Insanity when I reach my goal weight because I loved how fit I felt!

Don't let that discourage you though, because everyone is different and I have seen and heard of great success in weight loss with Insanity. I think you starting at your weight is perfectly fine as long as you are CAREFUL to not injure yourself. Push yourself to your personal max, not theirs (because they are crazy fit!) and you will slowly improve. The first couple weeks are the worst, but then it eases up for the remaining month, then the second month MAX workouts sure kick you in the butt in a good way! :) A lot of people report most of their weight loss at 6 weeks, so don't be discouraged if you don't see the scale budge. Pay attention to your measurements instead!

Good luck and I think you're awesome for going for it! :D
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you will definitely see some improvement, and be a lot stronger in the end. You are brave/ insane haha
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

People are saying it because it is NOT a program designed for beginners. No one should discourage an obese person from working out but they should discourage them if said workout is dangerous to their bodies. Insanity has a lot of jumping and intense moves, which can be really bad for an obese person's knees, ankles, and backs.

I have also done the 30 Day Shred and to be honest, if that was too hard OP, you should really stick to that instead. 30 Day Shred is definitely a beginner program and you should probrably get a handle on that before you jump right into a non-beginner workout program that is meant for people who are a bit more in shape.

You've already seemed to have made up your mind, though. So good luck to you.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend did it, hes in good shape though. I tried it and worked my abs really hard because i fell on the floor and laughed my butt off at myself. Give it a go. Good luck to ya. ;)
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm into my last 2 weeks of Insanity and believe me, it's called Insanity for a reason. I'm just trying to tone and lose some vanity weight and I can't believe I've made it this far. That being said, I agree with the others about modifying, going at your own pace, taking breaks and being very careful. There is a thread on beachbody.com for Team Engage where alot of us are doing Insanity. Several people have had knee injuries and back injuries. I'm dealing with my wrist that I had carpal tunnel surgery on acting up making push-ups difficult. I believe that anyone can do Insanity if they modify and work at their own pace...the point is to challenge yourself so that it's always difficult as you keep trying to push yourself harder each time. Can I get through all the workouts without breaks at this point...NO...but I push myself as hard as I can with each workout. I'm planning to do 30Day Shred after Insanity and then another round of Insanity. I'd say, check with your doctor first if you have any medical problems and definitely heed the warnings at the beginning of the videos. Oh, and just so you know, the fit test is like a crazy workout in itself. Good Luck!