Kinda irritated...

Options
Ok here is my story... I run, cycle and surf...

Mostly run, but anyway... I need to know how to eat more, or well better manage macros as just about met fat and protein intake today but 363 carbs below my intake...

Below is what I am at today, I have already ate supper... Not hungry, but am on -16 calories net.... I mean how much does MFP WANT me to bloody eat for crying out loud :/ .... I've ate 2,870 calories today and still at -16 net... and have goal of 1450...

Thoughts?

Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Totals 2,870 239 164 143
Your Daily Goal 4,376 602 146 164
Remaining 1,506 363 -18 21

Replies

• Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    don't eat if you are not feeling hungry, listen to your body. low carb is perfect. www.MarksDailyApple.com i found this interesting to read, it's about primal diet.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that link, busy checking it out now...

Funny enough I have been looking seriously into paleo rather, however my concern is the running I do, as I do marathons and ultra marathons... Can paleo be worked into that?

And honestly how can MFP come up with these generic macros? Peak training and racing I am usually on 70% carbs... however I don't neglect anything else, but here it would show as being massively out of balance... Is there a way to change it?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil Maffetone encourages a low carb diet for runners. Get your carbs from veggies and fruit, eat more healthy fats.

I read the book Slow Burn by Stu Mittleman who is an ultra marathoner. He advocates a lower carb higher fat diet.
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    And honestly how can MFP come up with these generic macros? Peak training and racing I am usually on 70% carbs... however I don't neglect anything else, but here it would show as being massively out of balance... Is there a way to change it?

Yes. Under the "My Home" tab, Go to the "Goals" area and change them to whatever you want.

ps. i'm in awe that you do ultra's.