Heart rate monitor

In the market for heart rate monitor watches. Im looking for one that tracks calories burned, heart rate, etc. I want one with the works! Ideas?

Replies

• brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    If you get Polar...KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! they often do not work and Polar refuses to fix or replace without the receipt. Make sure if you get one as a gift you ask the giver to keep receipt as well. As a company - Polar customer service SUCKS! But the monitors are good if you happen to get one that works right.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Polar rx5
  • cagm71
    cagm71 Posts: 3 Member
    Try anything by Garmin. I have used a bunch of different ones over the years, and I have found the garmin ones to be the best, and you can customize them depending on the sport you are doing.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Polar FT7 is a popular unit that is reliable. It does use heart rate info to calculate calorie burn but not all HRMs do that so look for that feature while shopping. Some use only your age, weight and elapsed time to calculate calorie burn which is not as accurate. You said all the bells and whistles, so in the event you are looking for a unit that also has GPS I would recommend the Garmin Forerunner 610 or for triathletes the Forerunner 910XT.
  • carauh
    carauh Posts: 2
    I decided to go with a New Balance because it was a lot cheaper than the Polar. I'm actually very happy with it. It tracks my heartrate, calories, and time, but it doesn't do quite as much as some of the Polars I've looked at. In reading reviews for hours, most people recommend a Polar FT7. The review above is one of the only ones I've seen that suggests Polars have a problem. I just haven't seen much that is negative about them. I have seen complaints that the batteries for the New Balance ones often don't last, and that's probably because they are left on in the packaging, but the batteries aren't hard to replace--it's like any other watch (same goes for the battery in the chest strap).
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Yeah i need to get one of those too.