Hitting 1 year mark...any tips?

Options
Ok so, this January coming will be 1 year I decided to join MFP. I have been soo lucky to not gain back even 1 lbs of the 25 I lost last year. I found 25 to be a good number for me and have enjoyed staying here. My problem is the working out.....I have not worked out in a month..there...i said it! hahaha...I dont know what's going on. I LOVE running outside(or...loved) I love the feeling after working out, yet lately, I get home and just sit with my hubby and it's so dark out I have no desire to run. Sure i get exercise during the day because Im an active person, I take the stairs ect, but.....that's not good enough....WHAT can i do to get my butt back in gear...any tips???? Since I'm admitting everything...on top of running outside as my passion i DO have a gym membership and a gym beside my house i could use! hahahahaa.......god Im a lazy bugger.....

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Awww haha,

maybe try to get your hubby to go to the gym with you? Then you two can motivate each other, cause its a lot easier to get up and go when your with someone :)
  • LauraKate
    Options
    hey chulie - i totally hear you on that one!! running outside is also my passion... LOVE L OVE LOVE it in the summer, but the gym is alot more difficult to do. it gets dark really early to where i live so that always makes it hard (plus the cold, who wants to go back outside again in the cold once you get home!) i think getting your hubby to go with you would be good too - my boyfriend always asks "did you go the gym today" and if i say no then i feel kind of guilty lol and so that helps me motivate. plus i know the feeling after i work out is good so i just "look forward" to that. you could also maybe buy a Wii fit or somethng that you could do at home - they are expensive but i've heard they work good and are fun. or you and your husband coudl do stuff like tennis or somethng at night (depending where you live and if you places you can do that kind of stuff)....
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I hate going out in the evening to work out. I get mine done early morning so it is done for the day and I can't make any excuses
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,953 Member
    Options
    What about workout DVD s.........Leslie Sansone and Richard Simmons are my favorites......sometimes I only do 15 minutes of a workout, but that is still much better than nothing and I can do it at home.:bigsmile:
  • YoungJr42
    YoungJr42 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    kimiquious said it best...get your hubby to workout with you. But at the same time, sometimes your body and mind just need the time off. So, take a month out the year, although November (or December) is probably a bad month with the holidays, and relax and do nothing. As long as you're taking the stairs, not getting out of control with your eating, and get back on it after your month is up, you should have no problem. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Thanks everyone...your right..and I think even just writing it out on here made me go...."come on get it together" hahahaha.....My hubby is always saying he'll work out with me anytime so maybe i need to tell him not to ask....just DRAG me out...hahaha....He has hockey tonight so maybe I'll make tonight my first attempt to exercise.....once i get over the dreading it because it's been a month maybe it wont be so hard!hahaha....THANKS AGAIN!!! I've also decided to start tracking on MFP again..maybe just being in "monitor" mode will make me want to work out again too??? We'll see....when I hit my 25 goal I bumped it to 30...but was soo happy here I didnt want to make the final 5 lbs because i looked healthy and felt great, maybe I'll just attempt those 5 lbs to give myself some sort of motivation!!!!