Venting...sorry in advance!

Options
2»

Replies

• MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Some people like seeing others fail...you know whats good for you. You are on the journey to get healthy! Keep getting your support here! You have MFP members support! Best wishes for your surgery to go well!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    HI Bailey,
    My name is Doni and I had gastric sleeve surgery in June. I understand what you're talking about. My oldest son is a diamond celebrity coach with Beachbody and he makes me feel like I took the easy way out. As you know, this is anything but easy. Let's stick together. Hang in there.
    Take care,
    Doni
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I am confused. You have your current weight listed as 146. And while having hernia correction surgery, your doctor is going to also perform weightloss surgery on you when you only weigh 146 lbs? Is this correct? I thought weight loss surgery was only approved for people having large amounts of weight to lose. This is a dangerous surgery when you only have a small amount left to lose. If you have already lost so much thru hard work, why would you have weightloss surgery now?
    I'm not having weight loss surgery its called a nissen fundoplication and part of my stomach will be wrapped around my esaphogus which in turn makes it smaller. I'm not having surgery to lose weight by any means but its an unavoidable side effect. This surgery is to correct my hiatal hernia and to rid me of all my reflux and digestive problems. A surgeon would be an idiot to do weight loss surgery on me!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Good luck and be easy on yourself. You might find that once it all happens, you don't WANT to exercise as quickly as you'd like due to post-surgical pain and being weak from the liquid diet. So, listen to yourself and go slow so you only have to do this once. ;)

PS- Don't listen to the naysayers. Even if it WERE weight loss surgery, you're getting something done that needs to be done. Do what you've gotta do.