how do you have mfp set up for your goals?

Options
having a hard time setting back up. was doing pretty good. lost 15 now stalled and go between a 3 lb range. it's cause I'm eating crap. I have mfp set up to lose 1 lb per week and that i am sedentary at my job which puts me at 1740 a day. i think it's too low because I play hockey and lift weights. if i play 2 x a week i can burn 800-1000 per game. lifting i can burn 300-400 calories each session x 3.

do you have yours set up like this and then eat back your calories or a different way?

i started to feel tired and worn down last week. i'm either not eating good enough or not sleeping.

i was going to try and set up mfp to eat 2000 calories a day regardless and not eat back exercise calories. it would be ok on days I lift and take off, but not sure about game days.

just trying to see what has worked best for people. i didn't want to do a custom set up because i have no idea how much to put in for values besides calories if i want to eat 2000.

Replies

• pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    try it
    you can always go back if it doesn't suit you
    I use both ways and I never eat back to calories
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I changed my MFP goals just yesterday, to keep my body guessing. A plateau is a sign that your body is onto your weight loss strategy and now it has figured out how to block your efforts. I've switched things up about every 3 weeks or so since I became a member.

It's been slow going, but slow is better than stop.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I custom set mine up with the advice of my nutritionist, I'm low carb. I have mine set to 2400 since I don't log my exercises I have it set high but usually aim for between 1400-1600, I also wanted my macros a certain way which is another reason for the high calorie goal. My macros are carbs 10% (60 per day) protein 25% (150 day) fat 65% (173 a day). Now I don't expect to hit my fat or my calories by all means but I do hold myself accountable for hitting my protein and staying under carbs and within my 1400-1600 range (unless I have more work out than usual).