question how to handle events

Options
went to a clam bake yesterday and even though i did an extra workout and according to my calorie dairy i stayed under my calorie limit i still feel like i failed yesterday any suggestions on how to hanle things like summer parties or clam bakes

Replies

• jlcarter1975
    jlcarter1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but it would help to have a little snack first (protien bar?) so you don't go hungry and drink a lot of water too. When you are at the event already have limits set in your mind (like you'll only eat one plate). Be mindful of what you are drinking at the event as well becuase those calories can add up fast. I'd stick with water or unsweet iced tea.
  • tinarallhan
    Options
    Good job for staying under control. I work for a non profit and I have a big family so I always have partys/bbqs to attend. I think the best idea is to get a plate put everything on that you plan on eating and then stop. Of course try to fill it with fruits veggies, lean meats and such. Even if you have chips put it on the plate and be done. Snacking is my number one weakness.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem ? Going to an event and staying under calories sounds brilliant to me :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    went to a clam bake yesterday and even though i did an extra workout and according to my calorie dairy i stayed under my calorie limit i still feel like i failed yesterday any suggestions on how to hanle things like summer parties or clam bakes

I enjoy parties. They don't happen every day, or usually, even every week, so I don't bad about indulging. I enjoy as much of life as possible. Sometimes that means eating, and loving, foods I wouldn't eat every day without guilt.
  • mandlteam
    Options
    I an in the same boat today, I think you need those kind of days so you don't give up and fail...tomorrow is a new day and you can get back on track then.