A mini-success story

Options
I'm reticent to do this as I don't really see anything I've done as a success, it was just a change I've made in my life - for me. That said, I've found other people's stories to be inspiring so, maybe this will help someone.

Just to add, I'm in no way finished - I've lost the weight, I now need to tone up, lose some more body fat and push myself to build a bit of muscle and, the ultimate aim, get fitter and stay fitter.

The backstory

At my heaviest I was 12 stone (first two below), which for a 5'7" male is quite a lot (especially when none of it is muscle).

Don't ask me why, after years of being that weight, I decided to do something about it. I stumbled on the C25k idea and thought 'why not', I've always wanted to run. This was 8 months ago and I weighed 11st 8lbs. The photos below are slightly older than that, but my weight was pretty constant.

*I don't have that many before photos, as I hid from cameras...hence the images not looking as dramatic as perhaps I'd hope*

28789583324688331219008.th.jpg

264305164551886833n.jpg

After C25k, and cutting out snacks, my weight is now 9st 8lbs. All in all, I've lost 29lbs as a minimum, and am now here:

dsc0245ev.jpg

The suit is two sizes smaller than in the before shot, the belt that is in both photos now does nothing and spins around, but it looks nice so I keep it.

This is in no way as impressive or inspiring as some of the major changes I've seen on these boards, but I guess not everyone has a lot to lose and losing a little might seem daunting to some. I went from no exercise, to three twenty/thirty minute runs a week. I didn't used to eat a lot, but I took a more sensible measured approach to food. All of this was done without MFP, but it would have been easier with. I wish I'd found this site years ago as it would have kickstarted me earlier.

Anyway, one day when I'm happy with where I am I'll post another 'success' story. Call this phase 1 for now. The real work starts now I guess...

Replies

• AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you healtier? Do you feel better? To me that is a success. You have done great!
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    That would be a yes to both - thank-you.
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There is nothing "mini" about this success! 29lbs is amazing, a real achievement.

And you have changed the way you live your life...definitely nothing mini about that! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!