worst pain of my life

Options
2»

Replies

• marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Drink water and eat a lot of protein over the next couple of days. By drink water, I mean like a gallon a day. By a lot of protein, I mean like 150-200 grams a day for at least the next couple of days. Also, tylenol helps if you are having trouble sleeping. You are going to need some extra sleep to assist in healing.

Don't wait until the pain is 100% gone before exercising again. Walking at a moderate pace will help you heal up faster, as well.
    Agree with all the above

Check its a 'nice' muscle pain/soreness and is generally in most muscles as then it arises because of stored by products including lactic acid- second day is worst- try gentle stretching and very gently move, move, move. Saunas will help as will baths and heat in general as it increases circulation but not in the first day's recovery. Can follow with ice- packet frozen peas in an old towell RICE- Rest, Ice, Compression and Exercise. Can try a gel with a pain killer in it- I use that when dancing- but generally not a good idea to mask pain because:

That's Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation not exercise!

Opps yes!!! Thanks I owe you one. Must have had a blond moment.
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for you advice. i am doing much better and did a modified version of the workout today. i also walked my 40 minutes yesterday. i also made sure i walked enough before and after, stretched after and lowered my leg rep activities until i can build myself up. that was the worst pain ever. worse then the usual muscle burn from working out. i learned my lesson for sure.
  • UrbanSpaceman75
    Options
    thanks everyone for you advice. i am doing much better and did a modified version of the workout today. i also walked my 40 minutes yesterday. i also made sure i walked enough before and after, stretched after and lowered my leg rep activities until i can build myself up. that was the worst pain ever. worse then the usual muscle burn from working out. i learned my lesson for sure.

Excellent! Congratulations! Must have taken quite a bit of courage to get back on that particular horse after how much it hurt last time.
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Excellent! Congratulations! Must have taken quite a bit of courage to get back on that particular horse after how much it hurt last time.

yes thank u. this changing lifestyles to lose weight is hard. i always said i would do anything to lose weight but diet and exercise. well for almost 6 months i have been doing the 2 things i hate so everyday is struggle. especially when u get hurt doing what you think is good for you. but im going to keep plugging away for now.