feeling depressed and alone

Options
13»

Replies

• Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    You get used to it after a few years. Eventually you learn to enjoy your own company and become wary of human touch.

So far as I understand it, anyways, lol.
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You've accomplished so much, but I know it's hard to see that and feel proud of yourself when you're in the moment and feel like you have nothing to show for all of the sacrifices you've made. I agree with the idea of doing some classes at your gym if they have some. True, it's often mostly women, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing... ;)

I'm sorry you don't live closer to Philly, I'd work out with you! You seem like a really great and motivating guy. I'm glad you posted here, because you really need to know that you're not alone.

@Forever alone commenting guy- Don't be a troll, bro. :/
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just have to say that sometimes it's not as easy as...socializing, exercising, talking, thinking positive. Sometimes depression is not situational but clinical (chemical) and sometimes one may need medication. I'm not trying to be a downer but sometimes all the positive thinking in the world isn't going to make it all better. I'm speaking from experience and I'm not ashamed of it. I needed medication. It pulled me through and presently I am off medication and doing fine. If the time comes that I need medication again, I will gladly take it. You need to talk to your doctor. If he suggests meds in your case, you might want to at least try them. Some take weeks to have the desired effect so don't get discouraged if meds don't work "instantly". I hope that things get better for you because depression is a horrible thing to go through.