Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TOM

Ladies, what do you notice in terms of weight gain/inch gain when TOM comes? I am fairly irregular but generally healthy.. TOM finally came since having a baby 6 mos ago and am so shocked to have gained inches back everywhere in a matter of a few days :/

Replies

• neonflowers
    neonflowers Posts: 20 Member
    I don't know about inches but I usually gain 4-5 lbs.
  • This month, I gained 5lbs of water weight during my TOM.
  • water weight... it'll go away
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I just started this morning after not having it for over a month (stress, I think). And in two days, I am showing I have gained 5 pounds. There is no possible way I have due to the amount of calories I have been consuming/burning.
    I am not really counting it towards my weight tracker and probably won't weigh myself next week.
    I would say that anywhere from 2-7 pounds (depending on body type) is normal. (Just my opinion).
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    I don't gain, the scale just gets stuck that week. Then the following week I have a big drop (the expected drop and the TOM water weight).
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    I don't get mine often either. This month I gained like 5lbs, mostly water weight..but I also drank a lot of wine and ate a lot of chocolate..sooo..
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    For me it's really only about 2lbs or so that I gain....and then the week after I also have a nice loss.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Hey all, thanks so much for your posts!!

I decided not to weigh myself during my TOM as I don't want to get discouraged. I don't really know how much I have gained, won't find out until TOMs over as I may just be back to normal again.

Also I wanted to know:

Do any of you feel cramps any more since exercising? This is my first TOM since having my 2nd child - usually I cramp but I didn't even know it was coming and I'm not having any cramping now either. What are your experiences?

And thanks so much again for your responses!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    I just had mine & i lost weight,but there months were i also gain,then when i'm done i lose it agian, i believe it's water weight.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Hey all, thanks so much for your posts!!

I decided not to weigh myself during my TOM as I don't want to get discouraged. I don't really know how much I have gained, won't find out until TOMs over as I may just be back to normal again.

Also I wanted to know:

Do any of you feel cramps any more since exercising? This is my first TOM since having my 2nd child - usually I cramp but I didn't even know it was coming and I'm not having any cramping now either. What are your experiences?

And thanks so much again for your responses!

I used to very, very rarely have uncomfortable periods. Like once a year I'd have to take something for cramps.

Now, I am literally in hell for 1-2 days a month. Welcome to perimenopause! :devil: :sad:
  • lovemydogjake
    lovemydogjake Posts: 26 Member
    Yep, same as others - usually gain 4-5 pounds of "bloat." Have had cramps my entire life unless I really exercise a lot - then they aren't so bad - but no kids so likely different experiences.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Ladies, what do you notice in terms of weight gain/inch gain when TOM comes? I am fairly irregular but generally healthy.. TOM finally came since having a baby 6 mos ago and am so shocked to have gained inches back everywhere in a matter of a few days :/

Honestly speaking, I dont worry about it. Its not important enough to me to worry when it only lasts a couple of days...