Who eats TONS of veggies?

Options
Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
Can I please see your diary if you eat veggies at every meal (or close) and get in a great variety? I would really appreciate looking at some ideas for inspiration. Thanks :)

Replies

• RSherm
    RSherm Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm afraid my diary won't really help you since I tend to include simply the ingredients instead of making up a meal/recipe that can be shared.

I eat volumes of beets, greens (kale, beet greens, swiss chard), red and yellow peppers, and mushrooms. I grill onions, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. I snack on snap pea pods, fresh pole beans (green beans). I eat lots of salads and usually find that a salad satisfies me so long as I use a dressing I love (Annie's Goddess Dressing is my favorite!) and one special non-veggie item--it might be a bit of cheese (small quantity, but sharp and pungent like parmesan) or a marinated mediterranean item (like stuffed grape leaves or balsamic onions. I have kale growing in the garden and from time to time I roast it, spraying it with Pam and dusting it with season salt, to make crispy kale chips.

Although they are not veggies, I'll add that I throw in sizeable amounts of legumes and whole grains (Farro is a recent favorite, but also steel cut oats, 7 grain hot cereal, etc.). I had fresh lima beans recently with some Himalayan pink salt and olive oil and they were awesome!

Good luck getting in those veggies!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I eat as many as I can....I can certainly eat more though! I try to have a salad a few days a week and add veggies into things like pasta or quinoa. I like veggies, I just need to eat more of them! You're welcome to look at my diary!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I eat lots!

We combine everyday veggies into different salads or cook them into meals with meat. My diary is private but probably wouldn't be much use anyway as I don't log all of the seasoning I may use. Sometimes I add flaxseeds into my salad or a light vinaigrette for e.g. that I don't log.
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    I eat a lot. Feel free to browse my diary I think you should be able to see it
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My diary is open -
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,175 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, (yesterday and Friday were more garbage-y though). Also can look at my food blog for recipes: http://frshforce.wordpress.com/

I add veg to everything, zucchini is super versitile and does not hinder flavor of most recipes.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a lot of veggies or juice them in a juicer:) I dont eat strachy veggies though
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, I like to steam a variety of veggies and Trader Joe's is a great source for organic seasonings, I use a lot of Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids as well as the Organic Sprinkle Seasoning, with some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray....
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lately I've not been a good example... but I try to have them with most meals, ie: vege omelette for breaky, salad or similar for lunch, vege sticks for snacks and with dinner, always half a plate of greens/brightly coloured veges.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I LOVE mini colored bell peppers! Also LOVE brocoli, lettuce, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, avacados, yumm! (Maybe the last ones a fruit, IDK).
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Diary is open.

I eat daily:

Lunch:
    200 g of mixed veggies (carrots, green beans, peas, corn, edamame(sp))
    3 oz brocolli
    3 oz cauliower

Dinner:
    200 g spinach
    255 g potato

Sometimes I add 3 oz of mushrooms and 5 oz of onion to dinner
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I try to eat them with every meal. My diary is open. This weekend is a bad example, kind of went off the rails this weekend. :sad:
  • roguestates
    Options
    ignore the ice cream I had for lunch, but the rest of it was veggie loaded. I love beansprouts and tomatoes so I always try to mix it into most meals. Eggs scrambled with beansprouts is a great way to get vitamins and protein. I also eat lots of eggplant, chayote, chinese broccoli, and mixed greens.
  • EmmaGilette
    EmmaGilette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I usually have a salad for lunch and vegetables for dinner every day. My veggies are often just steamed, but sometimes I made recipes like soups, stews, curries, quiches, etc.
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I try for ten portions everyday. And I eat big portions. My diary is open.