What do you consider a bad day?

Options
Just wondering the general opinions on the board here. What do you consider a failed day? If I look at my food intake, and I made it in under calorie allotments, but didn't eat any vegetables or fruits, and ate kind of a lot of junk food, I consider that a bad day, regardless of if I stayed under my calories or not.

Do you consider calories, or is there some other metric you look at to determine a good day? Maybe a stupid question, or pointless, but I see so many people saying 'yay great day today' and yes they are under calories, but their overall intake was complete junk.

Replies

• Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    I would think like you. Maybe under calories but nothing nutritious, BAD.
    But if I went over my calories a little, ate really good, but had desert that probably put me over, do I consider that a bad day? I'm not sure.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I look at overall food intake. Sometimes I can get in an apple or orange and a salad or something. Somedays its whole wheat and proteins. As long as my week isn't filled with a lot of junk food, I don't eat out too much, and can maintain a good balance while staying close to my cals I'm good. If I just eat fast food or junk and stay under my goals that doesn't mean I did good.
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    going over my cals... seriously thats it
  • ashley67203
    Options
    I look at sodium. If I go way over on that I know I was bad everywhere else.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Going over cals or having a poor macronutrient ratio.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have my diary set to 1500 calories and I don't eat back exercise calories, unless I go over 300 or so for the day, then I do sometimes. But, a bad day to me, would be not exercising at all and getting my full 1500. Like today. I can't workout today, and had a 'blah' ish day.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just wondering the general opinions on the board here. What do you consider a failed day? If I look at my food intake, and I made it in under calorie allotments, but didn't eat any vegetables or fruits, and ate kind of a lot of junk food, I consider that a bad day, regardless of if I stayed under my calories or not.

Do you consider calories, or is there some other metric you look at to determine a good day? Maybe a stupid question, or pointless, but I see so many people saying 'yay great day today' and yes they are under calories, but their overall intake was complete junk.

For me personally, it's a really bad day when I take in a ton of sugars or sodium. I have a bad habit of retaining water and the added salt doesn't help... and I just flat don't need all that much sugar.

Then again, I also consider it a bad day if I have a massive binge and just eat a ton of useless crap. Granted it tastes good but that's about it. :/
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Good days, I meet most of macros, and stay under calories...

In the 60+ days I've been here, today was my first BAAAAAD day. almost 1000 calories over, coz I 'grazed' all day at a free, all you can eat, bbq and salad day at work....and there were no nice healthy salads involved unfortunately...

do I regret it? not a bit...once every two months, I'll live a little :P
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do look at total calories, but I also judge it on how I feel. If I arrived at that total eating fruit, veg, lean protein, dairly (like yoghurt) and healthy oils (avocado, nuts) then I consider it a success because my body feels great. If I got there eating nothing but a packet of donuts, I consider it a failure because I feel gross.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    When my I don't eat my full calories and net is too low. I'd rather be over than under. Aside from that, my sodium being too high, usually means too much processed foods.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Going over cals or having a poor macronutrient ratio.