How do you make your Ramen Noodle salad

Options
and how healthy is it?

My grandma makes this for the Holidays which surprises me every time because my grand parents are wealthy and well folks that eat Ramen usually are not.

I want to make this for myself but i don't know what she puts in it and i can't find the right one on-line. I could call her up and ask her but i really don't want to. :laugh:

edit
i know she doesnt use the seasoning

Replies

• shirley_beans
    shirley_beans Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Generally ramen noodles are very unhealthy (loaded with sodium etc.) and lack nutritional value, but if she doesn't use the seasoning packet and flavors it her own way it's probably healthier. I've never heard of anyone doing this (why not just use a thin noodle instead of purchasing ramen and throwing the seasoning away?) Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My aunt does a cabbage, ramen noodle, carrot, sunflower seeds, probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting and an italian like dressing. It's awesome.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I make one like this....I don't measure so this is just an approximation.

-pkg ramon noodles boiled, drained and cooled.
    -a couple of good sized hand fulls of bean sprouts
    -4 or five thinly sliced radishes
    - two or three green onions finely sliced
    -grated carrot
    -2 tbsp soy sauce
    -2tbsp rice wine or vinegar
    -1tbsp olive oil
    - toasted sliced almonds

mix veggies with noodles.
    Make dressing from soy sauce, rice wine and oil
    top with toasted almonds.

As to the nutritional value? Well the noodles are a refined carb but there's a good serving or two of vegetables. Not too much fat and all of it the healthy kind.
    -
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    thanks
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I was given this one and it's been really good.

1 pkg broccoslaw
    1 bunch of green onions
    1 cup almonds
    1 cup sunflower seeds
    1 pkg Mr. Noodles

dressing
    1/2 cup oil
    1/2 cup vinegar
    1/4 cup sugar
    Mr. Noodles seasoning packet

Mix all dry ingredients. Crumble soup mix and mix in. Mix dressing, pour over slaw at least one hour before serving. Refrigerate.

You could leave out the seasoning mix and it wouldn't really change it much.

As posted and I used the largest bag of broccoslaw it's about 200 calories per 1.5 cups.