what to mix with protien powder on the go

Options
linz1125
linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
After my workout tomorrow I won't be able to get home for at least an hour and a half to make a smoothie...what else would be good to mix with protein powder? I have vanilla powder...not quite sure water would taste right with it. Just looking for suggestions of stuff I could grab out/on the go.

Replies

• MerBear1985
    Options
    I just use milk. Could you make the smoothie beforehand? Or are you going to the gym straight from work?
  • linz1125
    Options
    I just use milk. Could you make the smoothie beforehand? Or are you going to the gym straight from work?

Yep going straight from work, then to pick up my daughter from the sitter and then the 45 min drive home.
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    Maybe just put the powder in a bottle with milk and keep it in a fridge at work? Or put the powder in a bottle and buy milk on the way to the gym? If it doesn't taste terrific at least you still get it in right?
  • JennaL890
    Options
    Sometimes in similar situations I mix mine with the little cartons of either milk or alternative milk options (rice, soy, almonds, etc.) that don't require refrigeration before opening. Of course the cartons aren't too great in size so you may need two but it may be an alternative in a pinch. I'm sorry that isn't the best solution but I hope it all works out!
  • linz1125
    Options
    I think I will grab some milk, that sounds like the best option. Thanks!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just use water.

I have used only 6 oz water...and used a good shaker cup to mix it.
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use all the body by vi recipes but just use regular protein powder! Its amazing!

http://www.livingsmartgirl.com/2011/08/100-body-by-vi-shake-recipes/
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I make my smoothies and take them with me in a plastic mixer (like a USN or Tupperware).

When I am ready, a couple of good shakes and yummy smoothie on the go.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always mix my shake w/ WATER before I go to the gym and add lots of ice. it's always nice, cold and ready for me 2 hours later.