I didn't gain any weight from Thanksgiving!

xeniasimms
xeniasimms Posts: 72
edited September 20 in Success Stories
I am proud to say that I had a good workout the night before Thanksgiving. I woke up and had some Yoplait Peach Whips and a bowl of beans with rice and American cheese. Then I waited for Thanksgiving dinner. At dinner I filled up my plate with some of everything (turkey, ham, dressing with gravy, mac n cheese, string beans, candied yams, candied pumpkin, two rolls, cranberry sauce and black olives) but I didn't overpile it. I had a hefty slice of coconut cream pie and dulce de leche ice cream for dessert. I was FULL at 6:30 and I called it a night as far as eating was concerned. I stayed full all night and went to sleep around 1 am. This morning I weighed in at 164 still. Yay for me! Anyone else have success enjoying their Thanksgiving to the fullest, yet not gaining any weight?

Replies

• auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    I ate like a madwoman and gained a pound, so I don't really count it as a total flop.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Yes! I went running in the morning & ate a normal breakfast & morning snack. I had everything I wanted. I even over did the brownies (I ate 3... :embarassed: ) and had a glass of wine. Then, I had 2nds of the turkey, green beans, and fruit salad around 11pm when I got hungry again (we had eaten early around 2pm).

I weighed 0.4 pounds less today than yesterday despite my brownie overload. :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    Good job! I was actually down in weight too...0.8 pounds, down to 164. :)
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Good job to those who didn't gain. I have my thanksgiving tomorrow. I am hoping I don't over do it. But we are having deep dish pumpkin pie!!!! Love Pumpkin Pie!!! So I'm gonna try to eat less of everything so I don't do too bad with the pie. And gaining one pound isn't that bad considering you might have overate.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Good job to those who didn't gain. I have my thanksgiving tomorrow. I am hoping I don't over do it. But we are having deep dish pumpkin pie!!!! Love Pumpkin Pie!!! So I'm gonna try to eat less of everything so I don't do too bad with the pie. And gaining one pound isn't that bad considering you might have overate.
    I wish you a happy day tomorrow!!! I know others doing their feast tomorrow too! My advise is to put on music and move it to where you are huffin/puffin for about an hour "BEFORE" you go and indulge, that way you will have some extra cals and won;t feel guilty!! I did an hour of hi intensity cardio before dinner and then I walked 1 and a 1/2 mile home after I ate! I was miserable cuz I do not ever eat that much! I think i was pretty close on calories! Today I still felt icky from yesterdays binge!!
    Most of all enjoy who your with MORE than what you eat! have a good day!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I went over by about 300 calories, as near as I can tell, but didn't gain anything, so I consider it a success"full" day!! I ate what I wanted and as much as I wanted, including both pumpkin pie AND chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream in honor of my dad's 83rd birthday.
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    I had my weigh-in the morning after thanksgiving and I was down 2 pounds from the last week. Of course, I have been in this ugly pattern of re-losing those same 2 pounds every other week for the last 6 weeks, so I have not lost anything real for a while. At least I didn't gain. Here's hoping that this is the week where I bust this %$#**# plateau!
  • dcherry88
    dcherry88 Posts: 15 Member
    I had my weigh-in the morning after thanksgiving and I was down 2 pounds from the last week. Of course, I have been in this ugly pattern of re-losing those same 2 pounds every other week for the last 6 weeks, so I have not lost anything real for a while. At least I didn't gain. Here's hoping that this is the week where I bust this %$#**# plateau!

based off your ticker you have done an amazing job so far so don't feel to down. I know what that plateau is like, i just recently broke through mine finally.

As for weight gain, It was the hours of overtime the days prior to thanksgiving that caused a gain in weight, finding last minute takeout when i got home at 7:30 at night kinda killed my food habits. So thanksgiving on I watched my food and took off the 4lbs i put on over the week prior to it! That made me happy :D
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    I didn't workout on Thanksgiving, but ran yesterday and weighed in at .8 less today!
  • A round of applause is in order for all of you! Congratulations! I didn't have to difficult a time. Some of the food stunk!
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    I hear ya! I eight like 700 calories over my limit! And someone 2 days later, I weighed and lost 2 lbs!!!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??? Oh well, my total weight loss in 2 months is now 23 lbs!!!
  • Awsome job you shoul be proud. I weighed to today and even though I ate way over my calorie limit and just started my period I stayed the same, but I made sure to drink plenty of water and workout between family functions. Now I understand that Holidays don't have to mean weight gain.

Total weightloss to date: Over 100
    Went from size 24/26 to 10/12
    One day(when I have the technology) I would love to put up some before and afters.
  • I'm with ya. I didn't gain any weight either. I ate pretty good though. I ate a little of everything I wanted to though.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Thats great!
    I weighed 173 Monday before thanksgiving. Day after Thanksgiving I weighed myself and was 179!!! Today I am at 172.4....yeah for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!