What should I eat?

Options
What are some really good low calorie meals? What should I eat for snack? Help!

Replies

• CarolynD1986
    Options
    Popcorn. As long as you don't load it up with butter or oil, it is a low calorie snack you can eat a lot of without packing on the calories.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    yogurt's good if you're looking for something sweet.
  • wannabethinner
    Options
    I buy the Orville Reddenbacher 100 calorie packs of popcorn. They make good snacks. I also eat lots of applesauce, raw almonds, and rice cakes.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    In addition to all said above, fruit: have a banana, some grapes, apples, oranges, grapefruit (the last make me hungrier, but their vitamin C is something you want to have in winter).
    Raw carrots are good.
    Cottage cheese is also a nice option.
  • SHERRYDAVIS3472
    Options
    I have found the flatout flat breads with some mustard and turkey to be really filling and low in calories (approx 200) and yogurt has also been a must-have for the sweets cravings! Lettuce and broccoli are good but I can't really eat them without dressing but some are pretty low-cal if you just look at the labels. Whole-grain Panera Bread bagels are good for you and filling and that satisies me for a complete meal. Also, I really like the Healthy Choice dinners, they are about $2.50 and only about 350 calories. I eat alot of soup and put crackers in snack-bags (I count them out to 100 calories) that way I know exactly how many calories I'm getting. Homemade taco soup is really low if you leave out the beans and I leave out the corn too.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    good snacks:
    apple, wasa cracker with hummus, apple with hummus, plain unsweetened yogurt with fruit or Kashi cereal :bigsmile:

low calorie meal: 4oz grilled chicken, 2-3 cups steamed veggie w/o butter or sauce, salad with 1 TBS or less of salad dressing
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Meals? Lots of 'em, let's see,,,

Put this stuff in a little skillet and cook 'til done:
    4 oz. boneless skinless chix breast.
    Slice of onion,
    1/2 a green pepper,
    S&P, maybe a little garlic, dust with parsley flakes.

Park it on a plate with a nice serving of peas, or beets, or whatever not-too-starchy veg you like.
    Add a L&T salad, with a little "Free Ranch" dressing on the side.
    Slice of bread if you need it, skip it if you don't.

And there you go,,, dinner, probably 'tween 300 & 400 cals. And good,
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Grilled meat of your choice (2-4 oz.), plus a frozen Santa Fe style rice and beans dinner on top of the greens of your choice, with cilantro and salsa makes a filling dinner. It's a lot like the fast food burrito bowls, but much fewer calories. If you use leftover meat or the pre-grilled frozen strips, it's fast, too.
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this does sound good. I will try it.:smile: