i could really use some cheerleaders...

well i completed my 1st week using MFP and on target with that seemingly impossible 1200 calories goal. i lost 1.4lbs. woopiedoo

my rational mind tells me this is a good thing. a loss of 1-2 lbs/week is the goal. my emotionoal mind wonders that this is such a drastic change from my norm and would've produced greater loss the 1st week. water weight, etc.

overall i have a lot of weight to lose but my 1st stage goal is 20lbs lost from 8/20 - 8/08 or 6weeks. (key west vaca in oct)

i know adding regular exercise will help. and i don't intend to give up. i could just use some "friends" to see how they are doing it and keeping a positive mood.

peace

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    20 pounds in 6 weeks would be more than 3 pounds a week and unfortunately, that's going to be unrealistic for most people, even those with a serious amount of weight to lose. (also guys lose it faster than we do) It's difficult when we set our goal so high that there is a good possibility we won't reach it. The body is only going to let go of so much fat at a time, even on a severely restricted diet. Now that is NOT to say you can't try! Of course do your best! BUT, be careful about short term expectations, those are what kill us every time! "It's not fast enough, it's not good enough, why bother!?!?"

Instead, remember, that when it comes to losing weight and getting healthy, ANY movement in the right direction is amazing.
  • thanks. good points.