What to do with them bananas?

Options
2»

Replies

• leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    I have loads of bananas that I could use for recipes... the thing is... i don't know what to make out of them! I've already made banana bread, muffins and I was looking at protein muffin and/or pancakes... This is as far my imagination will go, lol. Suggestions?

I don't like to eat soft browning bananas. So I freeze them peeled, one to a ziplock baggie. Sometimes 2 cups mashed for baking. Use frozen bananas in smoothies, shakes, mashed and frozen into popsicle makers or ice cube trays for fruit bar add other pureed fruit, add mashed bananas to a parfait with yougurt and something crunchy like cereal or nuts.
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to slice and freeze them to later use for a banana based shakes/smoothies.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    For a treat cut them in 1 to 1 1/2 inch slices and freeze them. Then dip them in dark chocolate.

Could also dry them for banana chips!!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like to mash them up with some sweetener and then freeze. Drizzle a bit of choc syrup on top and it's almost like an ice cream sundae - only much healthier! Also, use them in protein shakes.
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    freeze them and put them in the food processor to blend them into fat free ice cream! :love: Sooo gooood!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Heat your oven to 350.

Lay your banana on a square piece foil. Cut a slit in the banana (not all the way through - it works best of the banana is on it's side like a smile) to make a pocket. Put 1 T of chocolate chips and 1 T of mini marshmallows in the pocket. Wrap the foil loosely around the banana. Bake for 5-10 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/raw-food-breakfast-recipes.html

Raw Food Breakfast -
    Oat Meal

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 apples
    1 banana
    1 tablespoon golden flax seed
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    Pure water

Directions

Put the flax seeds in the purified water and let sit overnight.

Peel the apples and cut them in smaller parts (for the blender). Peel the banana en break in parts. Rinse the flax seeds.

Put all ingredients in a blender. This can be a hand blender or high speed blender such as Vitamix. Add 1/4 cup water, just enough to let the mixture blend well. Blend all ingredients until smooth. You may want to add a little more water if it's too thick.

Tip

You make make this recipe even better by replacing the water with almond cream or fresh juice. You may also add a tablespoon of hemp seeds. My daughter likes to add (germinated) nuts and raisins. You can prepare this recipe the night before (but put the banana in there in the morning). Especially with nuts and dried fruits in it, it will only taste better!

- Raw Food Breakfast -
    Banana Pancakes

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 banana
    2 tablespoons coconut meal or dried coconut flakes
    cinnamon

Directions

Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl until very smooth. Add the coconut meal and some cinnamon to taste. Mix well.

Flatten the banana/coconut dough and make small pancakes of them

Leave out in direct sunlight for about 1 hour, flip over and leave for another hour. You may also use the dehydrator or oven. But then it will take longer to dry them.

They don't have to be dry, just on the outsides. They're so good anyway that they're usually gone before I want to serve them.

Tip

If you make them the night before, you can take them to go for breakfast in the morning.
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take a non stick pan heat on low for 3 minutes then heat on medium for two this will give you even heat. Add sliced bananas saute with some water 1 tablespoon then add a shot of brandy and a dash of brown sugar 1 tsp. Serve over sugar free vanilla ice cream and Voila, Banana's Foster.