Day 3 of 30 day shred

Options
I've decided to end my gym membership and dust off my 30-day shred DVD. I'm on day 3. I'm sore but already seeing a difference. Everyone is commeting already on how good I'm looking. Sweet! So goodbye $50/month membership (I was only going 2 or 3 time a month) and hello working out every day in the comfort of my own home.

Also trying really hard to log every day all my food.

I hope to be able to post before and after pics after my 30 day shred. I have 15-20 lbs to lose and I hope to get there very soon!

Happy Monday everyone!

Replies

• lovemydogjake
    lovemydogjake Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    good luck!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

I am almost done with 30 day shred. I only lost about 3lbs from it but I lost 1-2 pant sizes. And I have to get a new dress for a wedding next weekend because my usual tightish LBD looks like a potato sack on me now when I tried it on yesterday. It's kind of annoying to not see the number on the scale move much, but I look really different and feel super strong which was the goal anyway. Stick with it!
  • agcl
    agcl Posts: 9
    Options
    Good luck. I'm on day 5 so not that far ahead of you.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    HI guys. I am also starting on 30 day shred also. Just wondering though, since it's everyday for 30 days, can you do other exercises as well? I do Zumba and a mix of cardio/pilates. Should I stop those and just focus on the 30DS? Also, what type of meal plans are you all on for this particular program?

Any help would be appreciated! :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! How long is each session? And what do you need for this program (ie: yoga mat and weights)?
  • Kangie08
    Kangie08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am still doing all of the other normal treadmill,. elliptical, strength training and other workouts as well.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    HI guys. I am also starting on 30 day shred also. Just wondering though, since it's everyday for 30 days, can you do other exercises as well? I do Zumba and a mix of cardio/pilates. Should I stop those and just focus on the 30DS? Also, what type of meal plans are you all on for this particular program?

I'm getting ready to start this today as well. I was wondering the same thing.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)

I only do 30DS 2 days a week. I lose motivation too easily doing the same thing every day so kudos to those of you that do!

I do Zumba Mon/Wed/Fri, 30DS Tues/Thurs and Pilates on Sat. Sunday is a rest day for me.
    I'm just getting back on track but this schedule worked well for me in the past. I'm determined to stick to my weightloss efforts this time and succeed!
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All you need is the DVD, a mat (if you work out on a hard surface) and weights. You do each level for 10 days and after 30 days you're done. It's 20 mins. It goes by super fast.

I have a treadmill and haven't been using it but once I'm not as sore, I plan on doing some running as well.

Also when I bought my shred, it came with a yoga and another DVD (all by Jillian Michaels). I plan on doing this as well.

I may not cancel my membership after all - just keep it in case I want to supplement - but I'm glad I'm taking charge of the exercise situation.

As for diet, I am just logging and sticking with my max. I don't always eat my work-out calories but often will. I am using protein bars as meal replacements at least twice a day. So far I'm down 5 lbs (though it has been slow and up and down since I haven't been consistent until now!!).
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Sorry guys, I had one more question. It says to use either 3 or 5 lb. weights for these exercises. I am used to 15-20 lbs. Is it required to use that light of a weight?
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would think if that's what you're used to, go ahead and keep using the heavier weights with it since lighter ones wouldn't work you very much. She probably says to use that size since a lot of beginners use the videos and doesn't want to scare the living day lights out of us haha. Or too many people would probably strain too much trying to use something to heavy if she didn't say a specific size.
    That's what I'm thinking anyway.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

I'm getting ready to start this today as well. I was wondering the same thing.

I do 30DS in addition to my running schedule, as strength training. I'm really seeing a difference, and can even, for the first time since high school, do real pushups. Actually, I just had a friend tell me this weekend that I look as good as I did when I was 17 (and a two sport athlete). That is motivation enough for me keep some two-a-days in the schedule! Some days its difficult to do both (mainly on my speed workout days), but mostly its fine. I do long runs on Sundays, so that's my 30DS off day.
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice ladies :)