Where's everyone from? (And food too!)

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm from Finland. The weirdest Finish food I love is mämmi. It's traditional easter dessert and literally looks like *kitten*. It's made of rye and tastes sweet, great with sugar and cream. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mämmi for more info and pics. I also love a thing my grandma makes, she calls it "fat bits". It's rye bread cooked in lots of butter and some cream.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Covington, Georgia, USA

Southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob with butter, fried okra,biscuits and jelly, peach cobler,sweet tea

or

chopped smoked barbecue pork and brunswick stew

haven't had either in a while
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm a Kansas City girl, and BBQ is my downfall. I could live off it, and never eat anything else. But I want the beans, slaw and taters to go with the (4 or 5 slabs) meat!! YUM.
    And now I'm hungry... :(
  • AGGUK73
    AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    UK....................Beer :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options

ROTFL! Let's trust the Brits to think liquid on this one ;) Mmm...beer....very naughty but very good, especially during summer!

Oh. Wait. Summer just ended.
  • Menecairiel
    Options
    oh, and forgot to mention boerenkool met worst. Kale has been a dutch staple forever and now is the vegetable go to for vitamins. Mind you ours was mixed with mashed potatoes, butter and the best sausage ever!

Or...or....zuurkool met rookworst! That's sour kraut (and my Mum goes it with mixing mashed potato into it), served with smoked sausage and...yep, bacon and bacon fat.....and now I suddenly realise HOW I gained weight when I was visiting my parents!!!
  • AGGUK73
    AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

ROTFL! Let's trust the Brits to think liquid on this one ;) Mmm...beer....very naughty but very good, especially during summer!

We've had no summer :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Menecairiel
    Options

We've had no summer :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

There were like two days with sun! Counts? No...urgh....

Maybe next year we will be luckier!
  • Muff123
    Muff123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am french canadian and live in the province of Ontario. The french are sure proud of their poutines and crepes. However, I stay away from those.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    oh, and forgot to mention boerenkool met worst. Kale has been a dutch staple forever and now is the vegetable go to for vitamins. Mind you ours was mixed with mashed potatoes, butter and the best sausage ever!

Or...or....zuurkool met rookworst! That's sour kraut (and my Mum goes it with mixing mashed potato into it), served with smoked sausage and...yep, bacon and bacon fat.....and now I suddenly realise HOW I gained weight when I was visiting my parents!!!

Hihi, we Dutch are a bad influence on your eating habits ;). Ever tried worst from the HEMA in your zuurkool? Yummm...

zuurkool.jpg
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Iowa (USA) here. Our native foods are corn and anything that was fed corn. My downfalls though are cookies and french fries.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I live on the SE coast of NC. We're famous here for our BBQ........however, I'm not orginally from here and prefer the tomato based bbq sauce over the vinegar base that they do here. It's good, but I don't go crazy over it like everyone else does.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I like in Maryland, USA. There isn't much as far as weird foods. Summer here is all about blue crabs, tomatoes, corn on the cob, and beer.
    We have scrapple though which is pretty heart clogging as far as breakfast meats go. And we eat soft crab sandwiches.. mmm.
    051104016-01-soft-shell-crab-sandwich.jpg

This right here looks incredibly good to me, LOL.
  • Menecairiel
    Options

Hihi, we Dutch are a bad influence on your eating habits ;). Ever tried worst from the HEMA in your zuurkool? Yummm...

zuurkool.jpg

Err...is there any OTHER worst than Hema??? ;) My treat as a kid was going to one of those stands that belonged to Hema and having a thin rookworst in one of those hollowed out baguettes with that mustardy mayo.....mmm...................

I swear it is my Rotterdam roots that want me to have some extra junk in the trunk....
  • bahlquist
    Options
    From Maine love lobster and clams with lot
    and lots of butter
  • Mozz13
    Mozz13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hola!
    My name is Ivette and I'm Peruvian :)
    Im also new to this site.I hope this can help me to reduce some weight and get better done habits as I have to recognize in not that sporty,I travel a lot and I'm very sociable which means lots of brunch.dinner,etc

Ok so as I said I'm Peruvian and most of you should know that Peruvian food is very tasty but has a lot of calories.my favorite dish ever is "cevIche" which is fish marinated in lemon and chili mmmm just by describing it I want to have some.,sigh,
    Lucky for me fish is not bad for losing weight .,too bad for me I live in Bogotá where there's no sea

In anycase.,glad to meet you all!I could surely use some friends who can help me with some pep talk and tips as well.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Menecairiel
    Options
    Hola!
    My name is Ivette and I'm Peruvian :)
    Im also new to this site.I hope this can help me to reduce some weight and get better done habits as I have to recognize in not that sporty,I travel a lot and I'm very sociable which means lots of brunch.dinner,etc

Ok so as I said I'm Peruvian and most of you should know that Peruvian food is very tasty but has a lot of calories.my favorite dish ever is "cevIche" which is fish marinated in lemon and chili mmmm just by describing it I want to have some.,sigh,
    Lucky for me fish is not bad for losing weight .,too bad for me I live in Bogotá where there's no sea

In anycase.,glad to meet you all!I could surely use some friends who can help me with some pep talk and tips as well.
    Feel free to add me :)

I adore ceviche! And it is very good for losing weight...but of course you need fresh fish to make it work and I suppose you can't get that :( Welcome to the foum, we are all thrilled to have you here and this is a very supportive bunch!