Say money/job market was no object

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Where in the United States would you want to live?

I'd want a nice cozy log cabin somewhere around here.

http://www.nps.gov/olym/index.htm

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    San Juan Island, Washington State.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Jackson Wyoming
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'd probably stay in Ohio. I've come to love it here. Then again, I love Maine too.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Colorado

Mountains, rivers, woodlands etc. Snow in the winter and nice summers. Would love to live there.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Bozeman, MT in the summer.

Right here in DFW the rest of the year.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't live in the USA.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Me either. UK here I come!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    In the back of a windowless van.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    San Juan Island, Washington State.
    Another great choice. My grandmother lived on Anacortes. I love the area so much.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would stay in my area... but live on Lake Michigan near the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would not settle....Hawaii for surfing, Cali for healthy eating , montana for horse riding colorado for snowboarding, new orleans for entertainment in blues and soul lifting, list goes on and on but mostly where ever there is OCEAN AND SURFING
  • BlackLabel1803
    BlackLabel1803 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Same. If money were no object, I'd probably float around Europe for a while, then settle down in Vancouver.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I would live where I am now, but right on the beach instead of a block away from it.

However, like another person said, I'd also have a cabin in the mountains somewhere, and I'd want a home in New Orleans. And also, I nice salt box in the Outer Banks.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So hard to answer because there are so many spectacular places in the US... of course I have only been to a couple of them!!!

I loved Southern Maine - and I'm sure I would love Northern Maine too... as long as I had all that I needed to be able to get around in the brutal winters!

I loved Monterey CA when I was there 17 years ago... and driving the Coast Highway was phenomenal. A trip to Carmel one day was enough to make me want to look at real estate... one look at the prices in the area was enough to make me ill!!!!! So, if money wasn't an issue... yeah, for sure... but, you might have to take earthquakes out of the equation as well!
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    The reason I said "in the usa" was to keep all you uppity types from saying " not in the USA" haha
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Although I have never been, I would say somewhere in Northern California.
    From my understanding, there is fantastic mountian biking and snow boarding.
    I am sure there are great places to kayak and, the drive to some great surf spots should not be too bad.

Where I currently live USED to be nice until the housing boom of the 80's.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    New York City. There's nowhere else that I'd rather be.
  • Truemoose
    Truemoose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kona, Hawaii.................love that coffee
  • moonlightturk
    Options

I'd be in Turkey, Greece, London, Norway...anywhere but here. But I have school and a job here so I'm thankful for that.