No Sweeteners 12 weeks and counting!

12 Weeks ago today, I made the shift. I wasn't a big dessert or sugar eater but I did indulge in Splenda quite a bit. I began noticing that it was having the same effects on my body that sugar would. I would crash after having it in my tea after a short boost, I was using more to get the same level of sweetness, etc. It seemed that my body was interpreting the intake the same as regular sugar. So I cut it out. All of it. No desserts, no sugar, hone, artificial sweetener and nothing with them in it.

It's been pretty remarkable. It took me about 3 days to detox (mild headache). Read every label. I don't eat processed foods so it wasn't that hard. The temptations were all around though (funny how you don't want something until you can't have it). What I have noticed is that I craved less as time went on and now the smell of desserts do nothing for me. I can also taste the natural sweetness in things like rice and veggies...who knew?! Fruits taste exceptionally sweet now too. I also have an increase in energy but that may be a combination of eating changes.

I won't say that I'll never eat sweetener or sugar again, but I am fully aware of how it changes my body. Plus I'm curious to see how long I can actually go. 9 years ago I tried this with poultry, pork and beef. Haven't gone back yet :)

Replies

• Oh and I should say, I did not get depressed or violent during this time...LOL!