Favorite motivational quote?

Options
MissGeorgiaPeachy
MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
So I was perusing the internet at work when I should have been working for motivational quotes to place around my office to keep me inspired, but I didn't have time to find any really good ones, so I was wondering... What is your favorite motivational quote?

Replies

• steveinrc
    Options
    Work Hard, Play Ferociously!

Also,

Luck is the intersection of Preparation and Opportunity.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The only easy day was yesterday.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Anything worth having is worth working for. (that one is mine)
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    Dare to Dream :heart: (I have it tattooed) every time when I think "I would love to do that.. have this.. go there.. make this" and then I think something insecure like "Oh..It's me.. I cant" I look at my feet in despair or self-consciously and there it is on my foot staring back at me and I think... Of course I can do it, I deserve it, I should have my dreams.. because I AM ME!
    I also have Fuerza (getting it done this week) It means strength.. because everybody is strong in their own way.
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Embrace whatever may come! ( and no I don't run around hugging dessert carts. haha)

Never ever give up!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    When life gives you a dilemma, make dilemma-nade!
  • amhailey
    amhailey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If paradise was easy to get to, everyone would be there.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. ~Author Unknown
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sweat is just my fat crying!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata
    Mexican reformer & revolutionary (1877 - 1919)

So I was a small boy of 10 or 11 when I read this the first time. It bounced around in my head without meaning for a bit. That was about the time I started getting bullied unmercifully. So one day I was getting the crap beat out of me, but this time I fought back. I got the crap beat out of me anyway, but I understood. Even though I lost, I found my self-respect. And I wasn't the only one hurt that day. I have never taken a whipping without fighting back again. I do not bend to pressure. My mind and my will is my own.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    - Mark Twain

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."
    - Groucho Marx
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    Dare to Dream :heart: (I have it tattooed) every time when I think "I would love to do that.. have this.. go there.. make this" and then I think something insecure like "Oh..It's me.. I cant" I look at my feet in despair or self-consciously and there it is on my foot staring back at me and I think... Of course I can do it, I deserve it, I should have my dreams.. because I AM ME!
    I also have Fuerza (getting it done this week) It means strength.. because everybody is strong in their own way.

I love this idea!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    When life gives you a dilemma, make dilemma-nade!

Haha! I'm afraid to know what dilemma-nade would taste like.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. ~Author Unknown

LOVE!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    Sweat is just my fat crying!

I need to start using this, hahaha.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,123 Member
    Options
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~Sir Winston Churchill, politician, warrior and Nobel Prize Laureate (Literature)
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata
    Mexican reformer & revolutionary (1877 - 1919)

So I was a small boy of 10 or 11 when I read this the first time. It bounced around in my head without meaning for a bit. That was about the time I started getting bullied unmercifully. So one day I was getting the crap beat out of me, but this time I fought back. I got the crap beat out of me anyway, but I understood. Even though I lost, I found my self-respect. And I wasn't the only one hurt that day. I have never taken a whipping without fighting back again. I do not bend to pressure. My mind and my will is my own.

What an amazing and inspiring story. Thank you for sharing!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as... ABLUEBUNNYTURTLESUNDAE!!!!!!

....I mean as being thin--yeah, that's it.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    - Mark Twain

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."
    - Groucho Marx

I am inclined to agree with Mr. Twain and Mr. Marx! Ha!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as... ABLUEBUNNYTURTLESUNDAE!!!!!!

....I mean as being thin--yeah, that's it.

Haha! What about being thin AND the turtle sundae?