Nutritional Labeling Laws at Restaurants?

Options
I admit that I find politics rather confusing, so I possibly could have this wrong, but I remember a few years ago hearing about a law passing that would require restaurants with 20 or more locations to have their nutritional information available... If this is the case does anyone know when it will it'll happen? Places like Cheeseburger in Paradise, Cracker Barrel, and a few other chains around here still don't provide detailed facts.

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I admit that I find politics rather confusing, so I possibly could have this wrong, but I remember a few years ago hearing about a law passing that would require restaurants with 20 or more locations to have their nutritional information available... If this is the case does anyone know when it will it'll happen? Places like Cheeseburger in Paradise, Cracker Barrel, and a few other chains around here still don't provide detailed facts.

According to what I can find on the FDA website, they have yet to prepare or publish the final rule. Their goal had been this past July, but it has been delayed for who knows how long. When they have this done, restaurants will still have time to change their menus and get into compliance. They are usually given 6 months AFTER the publishing of the final rule. So it will still be quite awhile and next year at the earliest.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    In NYC any establishment with Two or more locations has to post the calories next to each item. Not sure about anywhere else.