An NSV?

Options
I have now dropped from my highest weight of 325 pounds four and a half years ago to 198 pounds today. Talking to an aquaintance of mine and he told me I was "skinny fat". (I guess that isn't an MFP exclusive term.)

And I realized something, I am skinny fat. I don't workout enough, I don't eat clean, I indulge in a crap day once in a while, and I smoke.

So what's the NSV? A little over four years ago I was FAT FAT, not skinny fat! Or more accurately, according to medical reports I was morbidly obese.

Yep, SKINNY FAT looks a lot better!

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV Pat! You've worked hard to get to where you are...I know you will always strive to do the best you can.
  • submissivelyserving
    submissivelyserving Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i sure wish i was skinny fat instead of fat fat. one thing for sure, you have to go through skinny fat to get to skinny, tell that to your friend.
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love skinny fat vs fat fat. :) My NSV was when I went to the store and I was able to buy a size 14 and I can fit into a large shirt. When I started in January I was in a size 24 and a 3x shirt. I'm still in the obese category but getting closer to overweight.
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You need to be happy and if skinny fat is what makes you You have looked at being realistic. What you can keep up with in the long run. Pat you are looking at the whole picture. There is no sense in going crazy to loose it if you cannot maintain the lifestyle. Sop if it is skinny fat than that is good way to describe yourself. But I think it is better to say. those are just terms. You are still you and you are Pat. Love your self for what you have accomplished and love the new you. The skinny fat is like saying you will gain it all back. No I think you are being realistic in the greater scheme of things. You are doing a great job.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! But I do wish you had more pictures so I could see if you were really skinny fat or not...you know, I like to judge that sort of thing myself...<wink>...
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Super and amazing progress! Proud to have you as a friend.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Also it sounds like you have a few next goals to choose from. If you can get rid of that much weight, then you can do anything that you put your mind to.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    At 201 I still feel fat fat. But congrats nonetheless. You've done an amazing thing.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You're on your way and have accomplished a lot. I'd take that NSV and enjoy it. You know what you have to do now. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!