Overeating.. but still losing too fast?

Options
I don't understand, I probably shouldn't comlpain, but I'm getting a little scared.

My metabolism has always been pretty standard, maybe a tad on the quick side. Then I spent about two years gorging myself, and ballooned up to about 180lbs. I got back down to 160lbs fairly healthily, (and effortlessly lol, I just incorporated walking to and from school into my routine, didn't restrict calories though) and then fell into about a year and half struggle with an ED.

I'm recovered, and I've started losing properly on MFP about 2 months ago. I've been exercising , and eating at least 1200cal per day, losing about1.5-2lbs per week.

Past couple of weeks I've been super stressed with school, so I stopped exercising, and I've just been gorging myself on sweets and junk. And eating supersized meals on top.

And I'm still losing. I don't know how much, because I don't have a scale her, but I've dropped a pant size in about a week, and I'm starting to get a little worried. Is it possible my metabolism has just sped up a lot from the healthy dieting and exercise before all this? Or should I see a doctor?

Replies

• sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Fast and/or unexplained weight loss is one symptom of hyperthyroidism. You might look at the other symptoms and see if any apply. I was diagnosed several years ago and treated with medication and have no problems with it now.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Thanks