Not Sure Yet

savinatene01
savinatene01 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I have tried everything and have not susceed. I am fed up with being overweight. I am not happy with myself. I never have been this heavy ever. I am not sure if I can do this, but I dont want to be sick or tired anymore. Being 5'2 and 282lbs. is killing me and I cant keep this weight on. I want to be here for the kids and I want to be happy with myself again. That would be the best feeling ever!

Replies

• Welcome!!!! I feel your pain because I was there. This site is amazing!!!!! If you log all of your foods and make sure you drink plenty of water and start out excerising at leat 3 times a week, even if its just walking for 30 minutes you will feel better. I wish you all the luck. You will be able to get lots of support from here also. Everyone is so supportive. Good Luck!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome this is great site!!! I love being able to track my calories it is wonderful you will love it here!!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Welcome!!!! You have found a good place! I am 5'2 also and at my heaviest was 214lbs. I just got tired of making jokes about my weight (I'm not overweight, I'm under-tall, etc.) and always staying behind the camera, never in front of it with my family. My son is getting married next November when he gets back from Iraq and I just finally figured I'd had enough! I started eating healthier (shop the OUTSIDE aisles of the grocery store, stay out of the inside aisles where all the "fake" food is!) and amazingly enough I found I had the energy to exercise a little bit! It was awesome! I can't tell you how much better it feels to be doing SOMETHING about my weight!
    You will feel this way too and it won't take long to see and feel a real difference, IF (and this was the biggest IF for me) you are totally honest with yourself and what you are eating. Log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth, I mean everything! You'd be suprised how much extra stuff you eat everday that you don't really need or even want, you just do it out of habit. Once you see that on paper (or the screen) you will think twice before you eat it next time. But you have to be totally honest with yourself and log everything for it to work. Try not to be emotional about your food, remember, food is just the fuel your body needs to survive, not a way to replace something else in your life.
    I know you can do this! You've taken the first step by finding this site! The people here are wonderful and are all in the same boat. Just keep at it, you'll be suprised how much easier it is when you know you're not alone!
    Hugs!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,150 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome :bigsmile: You are starting on the greatest and most satisfying journey of your life. You can do this. MFP will introduce you to positive people who have succeeded and who want to help you succeed.
    Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay ofpen minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Log everything you eat
    if you bite it, you write it
    or better still, plan your meals ahead of time so there won't be any surprises
    Look for foods that are nutrition dense
    stay away from processed foods, sugar, caffeine, artificial sweeteners.

Avoid anyone who tries to discourage you.....stick with the winners.:bigsmile: Find a group or challenge on MFP and check in with them every day.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    I have tried everything and have not susceed. I am fed up with being overweight. I am not happy with myself. I never have been this heavy ever. I am not sure if I can do this, but I dont want to be sick or tired anymore. Being 5'2 and 282lbs. is killing me and I cant keep this weight on. I want to be here for the kids and I want to be happy with myself again. That would be the best feeling ever!

Most if not all of people on this site can totally identify where you are at! You have found a good site. I like the quote "if you bite it you write it". It helps with the accountability and it helps tremendously with acquiring knowledge of what the good foods really are! No joke!

You have started and that is HUGE. All the best to you. :smile:

Renny
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Welcome savinatene01, as all of the other ladies have said, THIS IS the best place to come if you really want to lose weight. I have never felt more support and encouragement than I have from the people here. Losing weight is not easy or for the weak. It is hard work but it can be fun. Just hearing people tell you how good you look when they notice the weight coming off will encourage you to stick to your plan.
    1. Log in every day.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses or 4 16 oz bottles of water everyday.
    3. Exercise everyday, start out slow and work your way up. Even if it is 15 min walks 2 or 3 times a day to start.
    4. Eat lots of veggies and lean meat.
    5. Don't deprive yourself if there is something you really want, have it in moderation.
    6. Avoid sodas and high calorie beverages.
    You can do it. YOU CAN DO IT.
    Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Rosemary, and always remember to
    Drink:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: that water.
  • Thanks so much for the love! I am very proud that I went to the doctor and lost 2lbs in 3 days. Again thanks!
This discussion has been closed.