Plateau question

Options
Hi Guys,

I am 5'11" and I weighed 197lbs last week. This week I weighed in and I lost 5lbs and I am now 191.8lbs. I go on my stationary bike in my basement for 40mins (5 warm, 5 cool and 30 mins of ~155bpm steady) Monday-Friday.

I also golf ALOT and practice nearly every day for 30 mins which apparently burns more calories than I ever thought. Moreover; golfing with a powercart for 4 hours burns a ton more than I ever thought and I golf nearly every weekend until the fall and winter comes.

My questions are when does one normally plateau? I do not want to get into that fight with plateauing. How do you avoid it? I would think mixing up your workout with some strength training will help avoid or prolong plateau so what can I do at home? some sit-ups and push-ups? I don't have weights.

Thx

Replies

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I would plateau periodically throughout my weigh loss journey. But then again, I've lost 60 lbs total. I would always have to change things up to get it to kick in again. You'll more than likely hit a plateau the closer you get to your goal weight. Seems like the last 10 are the biggest pain.