motivation anyone?

dmckinni
dmckinni Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I have been trying for awhile to lose some weight and get in shape but have NO self control when it comes to eating right. I have been running 4-5 times a week but if someone puts food in front of me I eat it - and all of it. I need some good motivating tips to get on track and am hoping that counting calories will help. Anyone have any other ideas?? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Replies

• It isn't going to happen over night. It took me awhile to retrain my mind to stop telling me when I was full. I needed to learn how to listen to my body again. It's taken almost 6 months but now I can't eat nearly as much as I use to. Use water as a filler if you need to before meals. That helped me. Are you hungry or are you bored? That was another one of my problems. Have you logged your food so that you can see just how many calories your consuming? That was a huge eye opener to me. It takes time. It's something that you have to work on but you can do it
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    One trick I used to do at restaurants, to avoid the temptation of eating it ALL, was to ask for a to go box right off & put half the meal in it, close it up, and then eat my meal. You could probably do that with most everything. Take half & put the other half away :)
  • LOVE
    LOVE Posts: 24
    A good idea is to see what's really in it before you eat something. It helps me to enter something that I know isn't that low in calories *like desserts* on here and it motivates me not eat as much of it when I think of that. When you go to parties, I suggest bringing a low cal dish, so there's something healthy there for you to eat, along with good portions of the other yummy stuff. Think of some incentive to burning the weight, too.

70973.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • If you frequent the fridge you can do what I did. I took a picture from when I was biggest and put it right on the front so I had to look at it everytime I opened the door. It made me think before I went for the ice cream.
  • thanks guys! yeah it's just that i am bored and when i'm bored i eat. i'm trying to take up a hobby - like learning guitar but it's taking time and i'm impatient. it'll come...
This discussion has been closed.