New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
Super excited to start the New Rules of Lifting for Women tonight. Hopefully it will be just the thing to get me back on track! Anyone else doing this program? Advice? Tips?

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment with a trainer Thursday to go over the workouts...bumping for later!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I just finished stage 4 and love it! You should check out this group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week (after the labor day madness is over and everything is calm again). Very excited!
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Starting it next week, can't wait!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I started nearly 3 weeks ago. I love it so far. Been pretty sore a few days though lol. Make sure you join the group, there is loads of good advice on there.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this thread title or see the acronym NROLFW, I know the world is becoming a better place.

Just one guy's opinion. :smile:

I'll be interested to hear about your progress in future threads.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Starting on Stage 3 on Monday...its amazing! :happy:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am picking up the book next thursday. I can not wait to start it :)
  • abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Options
    I've heard of it before, but don't know much about it. I want to do more free-weight stuff... anyone have more information on it they'd like to share? I could google it, but personal experiences seem more benefical.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I finished the program in Feb. -the best thing I ever did so far! Now I'm starting NROLF Abbs. Check out the group-great support and a lot of helpful info! Good luck to you!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting someone to walk you through proper form for deadlifts and squats.. because you can really hurt yourself if you do them wrong, and most people do them wrong.

Squats = *kitten* to the grass, legs should go down past 90 degrees. Like you are squatting for a pee outside, not hovering over a dirty toilet.
    hah sorry for the imagery, but its the best way to explain.
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    A link to this info? I'm IN!!
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Starting Stage 3 on Monday - loving the program so far!!

Good luck to you.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting someone to walk you through proper form for deadlifts and squats.. because you can really hurt yourself if you do them wrong, and most people do them wrong.

Squats = *kitten* to the grass, legs should go down past 90 degrees. Like you are squatting for a pee outside, not hovering over a dirty toilet.
    hah sorry for the imagery, but its the best way to explain.

Perfect description of how to do squats!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end! Stage 7. It was a fun ride. I am soooo much stronger! Did my first chin up and underhand pull ups last week in my life!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Loved New Rules of Lifting program! I did however get really scared with the push press/front squats and to this day i'm afraid of having the barbell above my head. =/

Totally changed the way i viewed working out/exercising and it's a pretty good read because of his sense of humor.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You will be sore
    Don't worry if your grip is not very strong....keep at it, it will get better.
    Form is more important than weight

Good luck
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    Bumping.