Tea Drinkers!

Options
Where to you buy your loose tea? I checked 2 grocery stores and Target, all with no luck. Im going to try Whole Foods or Sprouts on the drive home tonight. I bought an infuser travel mug on a whim. I didnt think loose tea would be this hard to find.

Replies

• bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I caved in to the beast that is Teavana if I buy loose leaf in a walk-in store. They have a huge selection, and the people at my local store aren't crazy pushy about sales. Online though, Adagio tea is an awesome place, an awesome return policy, and lots of yummy blends.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live so I don't know what's available around there. I usually go to asian markets to get my loose tea. Hmart should be in most major cities, but I'm not 100% sure on that. If that doesn't work, you can find anything for sale online these days.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live so I don't know what's available around there. I usually go to asian markets to get my loose tea. Hmart should be in most major cities, but I'm not 100% sure on that. If that doesn't work, you can find anything for sale online these days.

I do have an asian market, I wouldn't have thought of that. Thank you!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I also am a huge fan of Teavana. I just can't seem to get away from there. I also find some good teas at different ethnic stores or markets, just ask the people there what they suggest.
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Where to you buy your loose tea? I checked 2 grocery stores and Target, all with no luck. Im going to try Whole Foods or Sprouts on the drive home tonight. I bought an infuser travel mug on a whim. I didnt think loose tea would be this hard to find.

try ordering it online if you know exactly what you want. It's easier only if there is a specialized tea shop.
  • TLambertbda
    Options
    Do you have a Teavana store near you? If not, you can order online. They are great.
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    We have a natural/organic food market that sells loose teas in all different varieties - it makes up for not having a Whole Foods, I guess.
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    I don't buy loose tea but I work above a peets coffee shop and they sell it. Now, that's probably expensive so I would love at either grocery shops or special tea places otherwise....try online?
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Cost Plus World Market
  • smittenkitten4
    Options
    I order mine from Adagio mostly, with the occasional splurge trip to Teavana. Adagio has an app called Teafinder that will show you tea houses near you (or you can do the same thing from their website). If you want recommendations, let me know.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i don't know id DAVIDStea is in the usa but i prefer them greatly over teavana. i also frequent about 4 tea shops that are local/within easy travel distance.

edited to add: http://www.davidstea.com/
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can look at any decent health foods store, David's Teas, online bulk retailers as long as their name is reputable, or if you're doing chai you can make your own blend at home.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Cost Plus World Market

Here and any Asian/International food markets you might have locally, they carry wide varieties and you have your choice of loose or bagged. Online's also an option especially if you prefer certain brands like Republic of Tea or Twinings.

Personally to me, Teavana's an overpriced joke of a tea shop. What they offer seems marketed more toward the hippie-type tea drinkers who want all-natural or organic this, exotic whatnots they haven't heard of, and pretty words on cards telling them what it's supposed to taste like if you stand on your head and sing backwards as the water brews.
  • ShadowSP7
    Options
    Try Ebay, you can find anything on ebay.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Personally to me, Teavana's an overpriced joke of a tea shop. What they offer seems marketed more toward the hippie-type tea drinkers who want all-natural or organic this, exotic whatnots they haven't heard of, and pretty words on cards telling them what it's supposed to taste like if you stand on your head and sing backwards as the water brews.

haha, thats exactly what I was thinking about Teavana! I have no problem going to the store and sampling whatever they have brewing, but DAMN their prices are outrageous. I typically use bagged tea, easier for me at work. I have a box of nearly every single flavor of Celestial Seasonings teas.

Favorite will always be the Christmas tea blends from them.

If I actually dig out my loose leaf tea crap, I can just open a tea-bag and pop the tea into the infuser like that. But I rarely do that.

A friend of mine in Missouri has a tea-shop and sometimes I order from her, at discount of course.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I buy tea on-line from Harney & Sons (http://www.harney.com/) or Upton Tea Imports (http://www.uptontea.com/). If I am buying from a grocery store, I usually buy from an Asian or Indian grocery. For my Indian-style tea, I like Brooke Bonde Red Label loose tea.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Upton tea Imports is awesome. There are some other ones as well but that is my favorite.
  • kenziestx
    Options
    I believe I've seen it at World Market. What kind of tea do you like? I have just started drinking it regularly (2 or 3 cups a day) and really don't know what I should be looking for. I've been doing green tea with ginseng.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I believe I've seen it at World Market. What kind of tea do you like? I have just started drinking it regularly (2 or 3 cups a day) and really don't know what I should be looking for. I've been doing green tea with ginseng.

Right now I'm liking green tea, the bag kind I have now has a hint of peach flavor to it. I do have a World Market thats closer than the Asian Market so I'll check there first :smile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    stash.com

I love their seasonal flavors ... Pumpkin Spice Chai ... mmmm