Fearing C25K Wk5D3

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I remember that same feeling! I started out on the 5 minute walk (once I finally got my butt out the door) and had butterflies - I was so nervous! I remember thinking, "this is ridiculous - what is wrong with me? It's a run, big deal! If I have to go super slow, so what?? why am I so nervous?!".

And then I just went for it...and before I knew it, the 20 minutes was up, and I had DONE it!! And I felt amazing!! You can do it - don't let that fear push you around - you will be amazed at what you CAN do.

Keep us posted! :bigsmile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Think of how awesome you're gonna feel afterwards - just dooo eeeet!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Just NIKE it....
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    go for it girl and burn cals not rubber.

good luck with your journey.

:drinker:
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! Just run a little slower if you need to - remember it is not about speed at this point, just endurance. Imagine how awesome you are going to feel when you do it.

I finished C25K in February, and just ran 12 miles on Saturday nonstop. It is amazing what your body is capable of!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 4, and as tough as it's been, I keep thinking back to how I thought I was going to die on W1D1. Hasn't happened yet, but I feel your pain! Slowing down is definitely the thing, before you peter out. Just get in a good zone, think about rainbows and unicorns if you have to, and make sure you pee first! :laugh:
  • evilmonkee
    evilmonkee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't worry- you can do it! Start slower than you normally start, go at an easy comfortable pace, and the 20 minutes will be over before you know it.
    I graduated from C25k in December, and ran 12 miles last weekend.
    The 20 minute run was really scary- much scarier than the 12 mile run. I kept putting it off for days, and then I thought: "what's the worst thing that can happen if I can't do it on the first try?". Even if I had had to run 2 x 9 minutes and walk 2 minutes in between, I still would have gotten a great workout, nobody would have made fun of me (it's not like I had it tattooed on my forehead). Even "failing" is still a huge improvement over sitting on the couch.
    Once I realized that the worst-case scenario is actually pretty great, I laced up my shoes and ran. And I did it, on the first try, without freaking out. And it felt amazing.
    Go out, and do it. You will feel great afterwards.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Today, right after work, I'm going home to face day 3 of C25K week 5. This is the first long run - 20 minutes, no walking breaks. Up until now, the longest run was 8 minutes.

I'm considering not leaving work. Ever.

Seriously, this is just intimidating the crap out of me. Tell me I can do it.

I'm right behind you! I'm also on Wk5D3. If I can do it, then you can. :wink:
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am just going to start week 4, so I'm hoping you will post back great results!!! Good luck!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am on wk 4 and dreading next week day 3! Please tell me tonight you did it!! I believe in you!!!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! I DID IT!!!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! I DID IT!!!!!

Great job!

I was freaking out about running for 20 minutes too.. until I actually did it.

Then once I got past that, I could run for any amount of time!
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    I just did this Saturday and what helped me get through was to not think of the time and to also slow down my pace. It will go by before you know it.