This will help you get your best results!

Options
Good Morning Beautiful,

I sent you a text earlier this week about a great way to lose weight... Here is the free information you will need to succeed. The first thing you need to do is make a decision. Some questions you need to consider are: Is this weight unhealthy? Could it lead to future problems? Do I want a long and prosperous life? Am I killing myself?

Maybe you're thinking the last question was a bit extreme. Well I read a book once about suicide and it had some very interesting points. One of the things that caught my attention was how we kill ourselves slowly through our choices in life, one being gluttony. Gluttony is to eat and drink excessively. What is the difference in putting a gun to your head and killing yourself quickly vs. killing yourself over a period of time. Both of theses are suicide. Are you killing yourself unknowingly?

Another factor that could be causing us to give into unhealthy choices is a lack of discipline. Can you control yourself. As a "strong woman", sometimes it's difficult for me to grasp the fact that I have not been able to control myself. Me!! This is the reason some adopt fasting. Some believe that fasting disciplines the flesh and to discipline the flesh is to get closer to God, but the problem with that is emotions will rise for the rest of your life and you have to rise above them at any given time and fasting becomes a weight loss program instead of a means to getting closer to our creator. One time while fasting for 40 days and 40 nights I lost about 40lbs.  I don't remember the connection between the fast and God, but I do remember the 40lbs I lost during the fast. So there after, every-time I wanted to lose wait I set out on a "discipline fast" and every-time that fast was over I went back to old habits. If discipline was a person, she should be in your fave five! Control yourself! If you can not say no to yourself, it doesn't matter how much you try to lose weight or gain health, it will never happen. 

The next thing you have to consider is your ability to plan. Are you planning ahead? "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." One of my favorite quotes. Sit down and plan your meals. Healthy meals may cost more to prepare, but it's worth your life and when you eat less you save more. I bought measuring cups and spoons from the dollar store. You may have more money then my budget allows me, but invest in measurement tools at some point. It only cost me $2.00 t tax, for the spoons and cups. Write down a week worth of food. It's ok to repeat food. You could easily make three days worth of food for yourself and just reheat as needed. I usually eat the same foods everyday. No its not boring because I "don't live to eat, I eat to live." Eating is for survival, just as shelter is to protect us from exposure of atmospheric agencies or forces; weather elements. We get so caught up in greed that we forget the purpose of things. The Israelites were delivered from the hands of Pharaoh (the Egyptians), who held them captive, in slavery, under cruel and brutal circumstances, and yet when God fed them Manna from Heaven in the wilderness they wanted more tasty foods (meats)and were willing to go back into slavery to obtain those foods. We do the same thing. We are slaves to our desire for sweets and unhealthy food. We are willing to put our bodies in unhealthy conditions to feed our fleshly desires. I can eat the same food everyday without complaints because God has provided (Jehovah Jireh). Picture a healthier you in shackles ready to be free... You have the key.

Are you hungry or thirsty? I've read that most of the time when you think you want something to eat, your body is really saying, give me some water. You should be drinking 8 cups of water per day. I once liked luke warm water because I had to drink it straight down. If I sipped on water, I wouldn't finish it. so I would simply prepare by placing my  bottles of luke warm water on top of my refrigerator. I would drink four 16oz per day. Now I love cold water. Once my body experienced what water did for it, my body began to ask for it on it's own. Now I can enjoy it at any temperature. I prefer ice cold during a workout or on a hot day, but at the end of the day, if i notice I didn't drink enough I will drink luke warm to get more water in.

Now let's talk about emotional eating. Are you eating because you are having a good or bad day? Does your emotions trigger your appetite? First of all, eating does not solve problems it only add to already existing problems. Look at your emotions as entities. They are very real, but not deity. Not God! You do not have to listen to your emotions. How can you get pass this... Give your habits a name. Consider them spirits. The mind has been known to be "Satans"  playground. Emotions cause a reaction, yet the only emotion that should control you is LOVE. If you look up the word Emotion you will see that Love is the only positive emotion listed and truth-be-told, LOVE is the only emotion that conquers the others. Do you hang around people who constantly try to destroy you? If you look at Gluttony as an outer entity which is trying to destroy you, you probably can stand against it's power over you. Look at it for what it truly is. One thing that truly bothers me is when someone takes advantage of a weak vessel. That's one of Gluttonies jobs. I'm using the capital G so you may recognize it as a true existence, in your presence, that speaks to you daily. It is your enemy. You will always have emotions and even-though they don't always feel good, emotions are our friends. They help us grow and adapt to new situations whether "good" or "bad." However, how we react to our emotions can either bring sickness or good health to our bodies. It's okay to feel sad when something bad happens, but don't let Depression come in and take you by the hand and show you all the things that's wrong in your life. Call Depression out by his name and say, I see you Depression! Chose your friends wisely. Depression is not your friend! Three years ago Anger and Rage found a weak vessel and murdered my oldest brother. Just two days ago my neighbor  had a bad day (I assume) and took it out on me. I was upset and my emotions were all over the place, but I chose LOVE. I walked away. In the morning I heard from within me a small voice that said "Anger and Rage killed your brother." Would you hang out or entertain these two if you new they were the murderers of so many of our people? Gluttony too! She brings all kinds of diseases to the body. She is suicide dressed up in a disguise. Will you still be her friend? Will y'all still go out for dinner or enjoy lunch together? Will you let her prepare your breakfast or choose your snacks? She is trying to kill you!!

I'm trying to paint you a picture here... I'm trying to make things clear so you may see them for what they are. Treat Excuses and Procrastination in the same manner. They do not have your best interest at heart. It's okay to be tired, but do not make excuses. Plan well, take control over your life. Is that too difficult? I'm a mom and if I expect to guide my children, I must first start with self. The 1st gift was your life. What are you doing with that gift? Did you bury it? If so, dig it up, dust it off and get it in shape to impact this world. The world is waiting on you!

Speaking of getting in shape... Get up and walk or workout for 30 mins x 5 or 6 days a week. Your body is made to last, but only under certain conditions can your body preform it's job to endure. It has to be strengthened consistantly. Your body can only put out what you put into it. Are you active? If not, find a workout program or gym of your choice. I use different programs, but I especially like anything that involves dancing. I love to dance and when I'm dancing I don't feel like I'm working out. Plus I enjoy long conversations with my friends and love ones on the phone since I'm 6 hours away from them. I use my phone time to walk and I usually picking up 3 miles every conversation. Just one convo a day or every other day. lol. However, I get up every morning, joined by my 3 youngest daughters and god-son and do Turbo Jam. You do not have to do Turbo Jam. Any exercise program will work if you are consistant. 

I've been working out for some time now and I didn't understand how sometimes, as soon as I miss a few days, I was gaining the weight right back or how I could never get pass a certain weight. Well you have to combine exercise and healthy eating. This seemed to be too much writing for me, until my friend Carmen sent me this amazing free app that you can download on your phone, Ipad or Ipod. This app saved my mission! It has put things in order for me, literally! Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up. Add this app to your phone so you can take it where ever you go. It is so simple to use. It calculates everything thing you eat and helps you adjust, to meet your goal. It tells you how many calories you can have per day, according to the amount of exercise you do per day;  if you don't workout it gives you the amount of calories you will need to maintain or lose weight. My problem was I wasn't eating enough and this program helped me to get up to the amount of nutrients and calories I needed for my body to function properly, allowing me to lose more weight and become healthier. I plan to use this app for the rest of my life if I can because it has caused me to gain balance in my life and I hope it will do the same for you.

The buddy system: Do not do this alone. I am here for you and I hope you are here for me. Drop Procrastination, Excuses, and Gluttony and come and join me and countless others as we conquer health and fitness! Once you activate your My Fitness Pal account add me! I'm Vizhuhn (Vision) on there. I would love to do this with you. I started out at 200lbs and I've tried so many different ways to come down and most of them worked, but I have to say this one has been the best yet! It's easy and fun and I finally feel in control of my own destiny. God gives us choices... Make one! Will you keep killing yourself?

If you have gain anything at all from this message please send it to another friend. We all need each other to survive!

Love,
Vizhuhn 
see what He sees..