Fitness Models

Options
2»

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If you like turbo fire, then you should try Chalean Extreme its done by the same lady and is all heavy lifting with some cardio thrown in. I'm going for the same body type as well and so far CE seems like a good start.

Edit: oops misread...I'm not going for fitness but figure status...Still heavy lifting is the key to everything.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump for later! :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Doesn't P90X target that kind of fitness? It develops muscles and strength, but not to the point of bulk.

I'm actually not sure. Right now, I'm doing Turbofire. It's by the same company that does p90x, but it's not as extreme.

Turbofire is all HIIT and p90x will weight training and hiit. P90X will be better for fat loss. And you can build strength. Its the reason i wont do insanity and instead do the p90x/insanity hybrid so i dont lose strength. P90X is good at cutting fat and preserving lean body mass though (at least from personal experience ). Now if you want muscle gains then body beast or strong lift 5x5 would be better. BTW, women can not bulk.. they only get lean. See below.. weight lifts two hours a day and eats 3000-4000 calories a day.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Not to be picky, but just FYI: Turbofire isn't all HIIT. It's 2-3 days of HIIT a week, steady state cardio, and 2 days of resistance band "strength" training which is okay for beginners.

I'd probably recommend mixing 2-3 days of heavy lifting (StrongLifts5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women) with 2-3 days of the Turbofire.

If you are at a calorie deficit or even maintenance you won't gain significant muscle mass but will maintain, strengthen and possibly reshape the muscle you do have.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Doesn't P90X target that kind of fitness? It develops muscles and strength, but not to the point of bulk.

I'm actually not sure. Right now, I'm doing Turbofire. It's by the same company that does p90x, but it's not as extreme.

Turbofire is all HIIT and p90x will weight training and hiit. P90X will be better for fat loss. And you can build strength. Its the reason i wont do insanity and instead do the p90x/insanity hybrid so i dont lose strength. P90X is good at cutting fat and preserving lean body mass though (at least from personal experience ). Now if you want muscle gains then body beast or strong lift 5x5 would be better. BTW, women can not bulk.. they only get lean. See below.. weight lifts two hours a day and eats 3000-4000 calories a day.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Not to be picky, but just FYI: Turbofire isn't all HIIT. It's 2-3 days of HIIT a week, steady state cardio, and 2 days of resistance band "strength" training which is okay for beginners.

I'd probably recommend mixing 2-3 days of heavy lifting (StrongLifts5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women) with 2-3 days of the Turbofire.

If you are at a calorie deficit or even maintenance you won't gain significant muscle mass but will maintain, strengthen and possibly reshape the muscle you do have.

Quoting for truth