Running

Options
Which do you think is harder... Running inside or outside?

I would love to know what people think is easier/harder!!

:happy:

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I think they are about the same.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Inside. I keep running into things.

:wink:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I've always heard running outside is harder....but I've never run on a treadmill, so I'm not sure...
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can only run inside at our YMCA because there are televisions ON the equipment and I can watch big bang theory marathons while I'm running. Otherwise I get bored which makes running indoors tedious and harder for me.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options

You too? Glad I'm not the only one.
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    Even if it is raining and humid out? I would think inside would be easier!!
  • fbuschur
    fbuschur Posts: 57
    Options
    Inside is harder!!! I'd rather run outside any day. That said, I can run faster on a treadmill since I can set it at the speed I want to go and just keep up, it just feels like torture.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    For me - outside is more challenging & fun - partly because the temperature, humidity & elevation varies... and outside is more enjoyable - even is it rains. :flowerforyou: could be because I have been restricted to inside b/c of injury but I am slowly converting to outside again! and it it GREAT!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Inside is easier, except when it comes to motivation. Running on a treadmill is one of the most boring things on earth.
  • ilovemaisy
    Options
    Outside is more difficult physically. Wind resistance and uneven surfaces both play a part.
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options

Tooo funny!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I guess I could say inside is harder because it is not as fun :wink:
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    running on a treadmill is one of the most boring things in the world. i love running but HAVE to do it outside so i'm not bored out of my mind.
  • Cooriander
    Options

Tooo funny!

:laugh: yeah!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Running on a treadmill is easier for most people, it is just boring once you are able to do it for any length of time, unless there is a tv on that I can watch.
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Running inside on a treadmill is a necessary evil. Setting the incline to 1-2 degrees more accurately reflects gravity and friction of running outside but it is still pure torture.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Inside is easier, except when it comes to motivation. Running on a treadmill is one of the most boring things on earth.

This exactly!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    It all depends on whether your course outside is flat or has hills. You can set treadmil to 0% incline and go forever if you don't get bored. I just find treadmill very borning...
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Which do you think is harder... Running inside or outside?

I would love to know what people think is easier/harder!!

:happy:

Running outside certainly has more obstacles, such as heat, humidity, hills, pot holes etc. With that being said, running outside is more challenging and fun as well as more difficult.

Running on a thread mill allows you to set your pace and be a zombie, thats just no fun.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Outside is more difficult physically. Wind resistance and uneven surfaces both play a part.

I agree! On a treadmill I can run 3-4 miles straight no problem but outdoors I can barely do 2 miles before I feel like I am going to pass out LOL!!!