Late 20s/Early 30s women...

Options
Hi all! My name is Amy - I've been on MFP for a bit now and am really enjoying it - however, I was hoping to find a few friends here who are in the same boat as I am (I'm 29 with about 20-30 pounds to lose). 1200 calories/day is what I'm attempting to hit. Is there anyone who is here with similar aspirations? Please friend me - I love helping others motivate and am definitely in need of some motivation myself. :-)

Replies

• purpleblaze
    Options
    Hi AMY! im 28, (im only 47 kgs) im trying to put weight on, i know its a little bit different than losing, but the more support the better i say :) you can add me if you want, im a newbie :)
  • moomoopharm
    Options
    Hi amy
    My name is Amy! Seriously! I'm not quite in the same boat as I've got 80-100lbs to lose. But I need as much support as I can get and although I'm a fatty I've been dieting on and off since I was 14 and know all the tricks of the trade ( even if I can't follow them). Hope to hear from you
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

You are welcome to friend me. I am using iPod at moment so I can't. You sound like you are in the same boat as me. I am doing about 1200-1275 calories a day. I am 33 years old. I started to get serious about my weightless in June. I am 5"10 and I weighted 181 lbs in June. I weighted myself this morning and I weighted 165 this morning, down 16 lbs. I still have 15 more pounds to lose. Then I can decide if I am happy with my weight or want to go down to 140 lbs. I live in Oregon and I am a mom of two kids. I work from home so it can be a challenge to exercise the way I should. Since I work from home though it has been easier to control my food intake. Tell me a bit about yourself :) Why are you losing weight? I am doing it to feel better about myself.
  • amybeth83
    amybeth83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - thanks for your responses! :)
    @Mommyjenlynn - I'm also losing weight to feel better about myself :) I remember what it used to feel like to be thin, and I miss those days! I know we can get this done - every day gets a little bit easier.
  • katkat28
    katkat28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm new (well on my 1st weight loss attempt last year I lst 10 lbs and stopped) here and looking forward to changing my life once and for all. I'm 4'11, 171 lbs and would like to lose 30-40 lbs. I just started week 2 and I'm loving the energy I have already. Let's support each other:)
  • Olivialeestevens
    Options
    Hay Amy I am Olivia . I have already lost about 16 kg before I started this through just going to gym and healthy eating. I have had a couple if months off and have put on 2 kg which is not to bad I suppose. I want to lose a good 8 to 9 kg before Xmas. And thought using this system will just really help and make me accountable . I have 1200 a day as well.????
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    32, turning 33 in a few days.

i'm looking to lose about 70 pounds. I'm eating ~1500 calories a day.

i don't follow any specific exercise program. i just do whatever will get me off my butt and exercising 5-6 days a week
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Any of you are more than welcome to add me. I just joined a week ago and have a goal of 100lbs. Looking for a great support system and glad to be part of yours too! We all have it in us!
  • ZivileZu
    ZivileZu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sylvie. I'm 26 and have about 20 lbs to lose :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i just turned 31 i have lost 60 pounds and have about 10 to go....if i reach that i might go for 10 more...i am fun and very supportive. add me if you would like to.
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hi ladies, i am 32, starting weight 204lbs... looking to lose another 25ish lbs, then see how i feel lol... add me if you want :-)
  • 4Elyse2012
    4Elyse2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and wanting to lose 30-50lbs (I have a large frame and highish muscle mass so not sure how much it will take for me). 1200cal/day is my current goal. I've been feeling very down recently so would love to try being held accountable by more folks on here! I have friended people before, but they never follow through on being friends!
  • glow_muffin
    glow_muffin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That sounds very similar to my situation. I'll add you!
  • Marajo24
    Options
    I am 29 years old. Will be 30 in just a few months. I need to lose about 100lbs but am takig it 1lb at a time. I need all the friends and motivation I can get. Feel free to add me. :) Good Luck everyone!!!
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    im 27, 193lb and my target weight is about 120-130lb so I have to lose 63lb+
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Chelle. I just turned 34 and have quite a bit to lose. But I'm super energetic and supportive, and am always looking to meet new peoples!!! Definitely feel free to add me! :D
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cindy - 29 years old, on MFP all the time. I want to lose about 40 pounds. I'll friend you!
  • Hibiscus1984
    Options
    I'm Andrea, 28 next week. My goals are pretty similar, 30 lbs or so. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 30 and looking to lose 20 lbs. I am also training for a 1/2 marathon. Feel free to add me:drinker:
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi amy
    My name is Amy! Seriously! I'm not quite in the same boat as I've got 80-100lbs to lose. But I need as much support as I can get and although I'm a fatty I've been dieting on and off since I was 14 and know all the tricks of the trade ( even if I can't follow them). Hope to hear from you

hi Other Amy! I'm going to friend you as well because I could use some of your tricks of the trade!