Updating Fitness Profile to Accomodate College?

Options
I recently started college (Crane 2016!), and thus, I have gone from not exercising much (lately, at least. I kind of fell of the wagon) to walking everywhere. Have any MFP-ers who are/were college students updated their profiles? Should I keep my setting as sedentary or should I up it one level?
Thanks!

Replies

• AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    yup go ahead and up it one or maybe even two depending on how much you're up and about.
  • kimhunn
    kimhunn Posts: 1
    Options
    If you're walking a lot be sure to log those hours. You are definitely moving more and that adds up. Just watch those snacks and portions right? I know sometimes it's hard to eat right when you're running between classes. Just watch it b/cit can sneak up on you. Great job!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It is a good few years since I was at university, but I don't remember it being that active? Most of the time was spent sat in lectures and tutorials, or in the library. OK you walked between lecture halls and around campus but that wasn't that far. Unless you are counting the bicep curls of lifting your pint to your lips in the union bar? :laugh:

I have my profile set at Lightly Active as I teach a nursery class, so am on my feet all day. Definitely more active than when I was a student.

If you are playing sport etc you can easily log that as exercise on top of your normal daily activity. But I would doubt that a student's daily activity level would be higher than sedentary.