Chinese Food

Options
Seriously craving some kind of Chinese food tonight!
Hook me up with your favorite recipes, MFP!

Replies

• Scott277
    Scott277 Posts: 63
    Options
    Cut up a chicken breast.

Marinade the chicken in soy sauce and sweet chilli dipping sauce for like 30mins.

Boil a pot of water, add the noodles once boiling. (takes about 5-10mins for my noodles to cook)

While the water is getting to boiling point cut up some veg, i like "tenderstem broccoli" and onion for this but anything like peppers or whatever will do.

Fire on the wok (or frying pan) and cook all together (chicken in slightly before the veg).

Because of the sweet chilli sauce the chicken gets glazed. Once its all cooked etc just stick it in a bowl and woop woop!

Honestly the best way to have chicken its sooooo good! x
  • Scott277
    Scott277 Posts: 63
    Options
    I also have it with brown rice too :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has some great ones!!

its not chinese, but im making some Thai Coconut Shrimp curry over jazmine rice tonight!
  • sarahahum
    sarahahum Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Might be a little late to get this started since it's a crock pot recipe, but I saw it last night and it looks so good...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/03/crockpot-broccoli-beef.html
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Pork mince cooked with onions and soy sauce wrapped in iceberg lettuce leaves xxx
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bumping for another time
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=992993

This is one of my most favorite recipes! I eat it with brown rice.
  • mcdomi
    mcdomi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just made a pork stir fry:

6oz lean pork
    2 zucchini
    1 tsp EVOO
    3 frozen ginger cubes
    1 tsp chopped garlic
    1 400ml can mini corn
    2 tbsp hot sauce
    1 red bell pepper
    1 230 ml can bamboo shoots
    1 230 ml can water chestnuts
    1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce

Just stir fry in EVOO the pork and zucchini first with ginger and garlic until the pork is seared, then add soy sauce and red bell pepper for a couple of minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients, cook for another few minutes and hey presto!

I put it in My Recipes and it serves 4 - about 220 calories per serving :) I didn't eat any rice / noodles with it because there's a lot of veg in it and its really tasty and filling, and I'm trying to cut down my carbs! But you could, if you so desire!
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    Thanks guys! All of these look wonderful! I may try some of them later in the week.
    My fiancee wanted beef and broccoli, so we tried this recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/broccoli-beef-i/
    it turned out really good! The ginger gave it a nice kick.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! All of these look wonderful! I may try some of them later in the week.
    My fiancee wanted beef and broccoli, so we tried this recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/broccoli-beef-i/
    it turned out really good! The ginger gave it a nice kick.

I like beef and broccoli big time! Wish I had been there for it.
  • AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Might be a little late to get this started since it's a crock pot recipe, but I saw it last night and it looks so good...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/03/crockpot-broccoli-beef.html

Do you know where I can get the nutrition facts for this?? It looks soo good!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I cook up 1 cup of rice,

Fry about 1 - 1.5 cups of oriental frozen vegetable mix

throw in a handful of shrimp.

Put the shrimp/veggie stir fry onto the rice, put on the soy sauce and enjoy!

The only calories are pretty much from the rice. It is filling, fast and easy :D
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This recipe link was given to me by a fellow mfp It's to die for sooo goood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CaGa1nwk1M

Orange Chicken
    1 serving 287 calories

1 Chicken breast (cut up into cubes)
    3/4 of an egg white
    1 tsp of cornstarch
    1tbsp olive oil (to fry chicken)

cut up chicken and put in bowl add egg white and cornstarch..then fry in oil until browned (remove from heat and set aside)

Sauce

1/2 cup Chicken broth (low sodium)
    1 tbsp of Soya Sauce (low sodium)
    1/4 C Vinegar
    1/4 tsp Chilie flakes
    4 tsp brown sugar
    1/2 orange juice ( squeezed and a bit of zest )
    Cornstarch sludge (water with a lil cornstarch) when sauce is almost done put this in

Put all ingredients in fry pan and let cook down a bit then add chicken and when almost done add the cornstarch and water

This only takes a few moments and it is sooooooooooooooo good
  • slowspud
    slowspud Posts: 13
    Options
    Can I ask what EVOO is? I assume it is American or some other country. As I am in UK, can you tell me what the equivelent would be please? xx
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what EVOO is? I assume it is American or some other country. As I am in UK, can you tell me what the equivelent would be please? xx

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • LzL1958
    LzL1958 Posts: 6
    Options
    EVOO.... Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has some great ones!!

its not chinese, but im making some Thai Coconut Shrimp curry over jazmine rice tonight!

I've made this more than once and it's f8cking amazing every time. It's a good one to "play" with - we added more veggies and pineapple at some point.

Another good recipe from CookingLight.com that I tried just this week - although it won't satisfy your craving tonight - is Slow Cooker Char Sui Pork: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-char-siu-pork-roast-10000001160642/

Served with jasmine rice; I could NOT get enough of this dish.
  • csykes1976
    csykes1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite - I made it the other night and it was just as tasty (if not more so!) than any restaurant Chinese I've ever had.

2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp rice vinegar
    2 tbsp oyster sauce
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    1 tsp toasted sesame oik
    2 tsp canola oil
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
    3 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
    5 cloves garlic, finely minced
    2 scallions, thinly sliced
    1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets

Over medium-high heat, sear chicken in the canola oil until cooked through. Add the ginger, garlic, scallions and broccoli, cooking for about more minutes, or until broccoli is almost as tender as you would like. Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce and cornstarch together and pour over chicken & veggies, cooking for 1 minute more. Serve with rice or noodles, or just as it is! (Recipe makes 4 servings)

Total: 855/39/23/119
    Per Serving: 214/10/6/30
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese Food A lot
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump