Realizing I could use some extra support :)

Options
Hello,
I’m 26, 5/8 ("hourglass figure") and currently fluctuating around 195lbs. My goal is a FIT 160lbs and to be able to accomplish a half marathon. Being active and fit is more important to me then the number on my scale. I did my first 5K (The Color Run in Sacramento, CA) in the beginning of August and had a blast. All of my friends who I convinced to sign up to MFP with me (well over a year ago) have never kept up with it. I just recently got my motivation back and have been steady at tracking for about 3 weeks now. The hardest part was figuring out what I could eat because I'm newly lactose intolerant and it was VERY discouraging transitioning from being able to order/eat whatever I wanted to REALLY paying attention to what I'm putting in my body. not to mention I grew up on a Dairy Farm and my dad and I were what we called "cheeseoholics". The lactose intolerance started last year just before my husband and I got married (quite a bit of stress surrounding that time as much of you can probably relate to). I'd like a few MFP friends with similar height, SW and GW's to help with the motivation, support and accountability thing. So if anyone is interested let me know. Thanks for reading if nothing else :) -- Meg

Replies

• Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the need for support and motivation!

I have been on so many "diets" I am exhausted just thinking about it and I certainly won't bore you with the list but the support, encouragement, shared ideas and yes, even some occasional butt kicking is a recipe for success that works on this site better than any I have previously tried and I am thrilled.

I am only two weeks into this process but I have already had many challenges along the way that would have normally derailed me....but as I face one of those challenges or temptations....MFP's are sitting on my shoulder whispering encouragement in my ear and I make the better choice (almost always-LOL! Sometimes I just want to swat those little buggers off!)

It is difficult with your being lactose intolerant - I have a friend who is as well and she has to take a pill before she eats something that has dairy in it. Can you eat goat's cheese? There are different options - I seem to have a family full of "special" diets - LOL- maybe I can help.

Anyways, please feel free to send me a request if you would like - I am on this site regularly and am a great cheerleader :)