will this pass?....

Options
I am somewhat new to MFP, but I'm really committed to it this time! I started the Body by Vi Challenge on Saturday and have been doing great. I am not craving all kinds of things and have been surprised that the shakes actually taste good and are satisfying. They give me great nutrition which takes the guess work out of it, so I love that part of it too. Plus I get a "real" meal for dinner and have been making sure to pack it with protein.
My issue is...my stomach is growling non-stop ALL DAY LONG!!! I eventually get to the point where it passes for a while and I feel better and NOT hungry, but then it starts up again. It's so loud that my dogs tilt their heads to the side like, "mom?". Will this pass? Is this just happening because I'm at the beginning? I don't like the feeling of an empty, growling tummy.....it's unsettling. Any advice??

Replies

• Hummingbird82
    Hummingbird82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Its hard to give any advice wothout more information like how many NET calories are you consuming, what types of food are you eating (Processed food = less filling) versus natural foods = more fillign) etc. Can you provide moreinformation and open your diary?
    Thanks!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Your stomach is growling because you aren't eating enough.

No matter what the Body By Vi people tell you, a couple of 200 calorie shakes and a small meal will typically not be enough food for the average person.

1200 calories is the minimum recommended by MFP, and a lot of us find that too restrictive as well.
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    I didn't know my diary was private...oops! Fixed that!
    I drink 2 Body by Vi shakes (1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch) The shake mix is 90 cals, 1 gram of fat, 7 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein. I add in almond milk and fruits.

I usually have a small snack between shakes such as an apple with peanut butter, cauliflower, carrots or broccoli with 1 tbsp of lite ranch, fiber one bars, etc.

For dinner I have either chicken breast, salmon, turkey, etc. with at least one veggie and a salad.
    Water only all day!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not surprised - you're eating 900 - 1200 cals a day, consisting mostly of sugar (your shake, fruit, juice etc is pretty much sugar) with a little bit of protein and veg for dinner.
    There is nothing of substance to make you feel satisfied - I would be as hungry and grumpy as a big bear after a few days if that kind of diet.

If that's how you choose to eat - then you will just have to put up with hunger symptoms.
    My suggestion would be to eat real food that fills you up and gives you good nutrition, but it's your choice.
    Just make sure you educate yourself and don't blindly follow a program from a company whose prime purpose is to make money. Remember that those companies really don't care about your health - they care about selling their products and that is a very different thing.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think that means you're hungry. But I'm no expert.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    You really need to get your calories up to 1200. You can try tuna in a can, nuts, peanut or other nut butters, and low fat dairy such as Swiss cheese or Greek 0% yogurt. I like Chobani. Add a few of those, and you feel better, and they are healthy calories.

Remember, you are not on a diet, but on a lifestyle change.
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are living on very dense processed food with artificial ingredients. Am surprised that you don't have problems at the business end as well!

From your food diary this may not be sustainable and after the initial period you may want to try something more natural, filling and add more caloriesl. But guess you are 'quick' starting- many of us have done this and regained the lost weight again.

Are you also chewing gum, that may cause you to swallow air which adds to the problem?
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    update: The hungry feeling DID go away...my body was not used to getting tons of food at all times of the day. I never used to restrict myself at all!! I'm still doing the body by vi shakes and feeling great! I eat small healthy snacks throughout the day and eat a protein packed dinner! thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions!