anybody have 150lbs or more to lose?

Options
13»

Replies

• JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LadyKatie2010,

if i had taken care of my weight issues when i was your age, i wouldn't have the medical problems i have now at mine! :grumble:

proud of you for taking control NOW! :happy:

we CAN do this, a day at a time, a meal at a time, a step at a time! :smile:

hang in there! :flowerforyou:

janie
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    Ive sent friend requests to you guys!!!!!! Proud of us for taking the first step! Good luck, ladies!
  • JNHeff
    Options
    AniOnFire:

look at it this way, sweet girl~ we didn't get this big overnight, and it WILL take time, patience, and WORK to get it off! Try not to fixate on the number. Think babysteps, lifestyle changes, getting healthy! :smile:

i lost a LOT of weight several years ago, and it has crept back on. this time, i've GOT to get HEALTHY! and i WILL! :happy:

you can do it, too hon~ a step at a time. hang in there, baby: YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! :flowerforyou:

and drink that water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    feel free to add me to your friend list~ i'll try to encourage you all i can. :heart:

janie
  • JNHeff
    Options
    amazing! so happy for you! hoping i can write a post like that someday..... :smile:

janie
  • JNHeff
    Options
    the number doesn't matter~ what does is the effort! take it a day (or less) at a time, and try to make good choices, try to move more, and drink that WATER :drinker:

it WILL happen~ keep the faith!

janie :flowerforyou:
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    I am 5'11". I weigh about twice what I'd like to. The "healthy weight" for someone 5'11 is 140-170-ish but I've weighed that before and just looked skinny and yucky. My absolute "perfect world" goal weight is 180. Right now, i'm at 360.

whoa. the fact that I wrote that for the whole world to see is..... (imagine eyes as big as saucers)

Anyways, My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married by the end of the year. I know that's only 4 months away but I'd like to lose 40lbs (or more) by then. that's 10 pounds a month which I think is doable (and healthly so!)

I got divorced 2 years ago and lost about 75 pounds. (a bad marriage and a uh...jerk of a husband = me gaining a TON of weight) and while i AM proud of myself for that loss.....there is much much more to go.

Anybody want to join me?

Hi! Good luck!! You can do it!!!! I've lost 175..my inital goal was only 50 lol
  • JNHeff
    Options
    i'll join you as a friend! you are a BEAUTIFUL young woman with a liish fetime of HEALTH and HAPPINESS ahead of you! :flowerforyou:

i wish you the BEST on your journey to lose the weight and get healthy! :happy:

i wish i had done this when i was younger~ it would be so much easier than it is now....

janie
  • barky586
    Options
    I have lost right about 180 pounds. Maybe another 10 or so "vanity" pounds to go....My #1 piece of advice. NEVER dwell on how much you have to lose. Just take a day at a time, knowing that time passes....and every pound you lose by eating healthy is an improvement. If I had ever dwelled on how much I actually needed to lose, I would never have lost any! I had no goal in mind. Just knew I was too big...
  • jericamom
    jericamom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I"m not as tall as you, but I have 140 pounds to lose (just lost 11). Feel free to friend me. I log in/check in every day.
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I started on MFP 8 weeks ago today. At 320 lbs. :blushing: I weighed in today at 279. 41 lbs lost! So you can get there in 4 months! I've done it so far by simply eliminating the junk food. You can eat alot when you are eating healthy foods! I am always under my calorie goals, but I eat alot, and am never hungry. I have completely changed my eating habits - and I plan on this being my new lifestyle, not a "diet" I will tire of in a few months. We can do this!!
  • JNHeff
    Options
    Brenda,
    that's AMAZING! i'm so proud of you for losing that MUCH in such a short amount of time! :flowerforyou:

janie :smile: