Eating your exercise calories?

Options
I know MFP always adds my calories burned to my daily allotment, but I feel like I shouldn't touch those. What do you guys think? Do you eat your exercise calories?

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    eat them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    or your "net" cals.. after exercise are too low..
    our base/net cals are already low enough to loose wt....
    and if youer burning and exercising.. your body needs fuel..
    i get excited to grub my cals back! and i love it..
    just hit my6wks on mfp and down 15 pounds! :drinker:
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I can never decide what to do either due to calorie readings on treadmills aren't always spot on. So I go the middle road and eat half of them.

Go indecisiveness!
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude but search the forums for this topic. You will get both sides anyway. It gets brought up about twice a day. And honestly it's just something you will have to decide for yourself. It can really be done either way. But people are really sensitive about this subject. I say if you are hungry eat them.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    Since I am in college and I eat primarily food that the cafeteria cooks, I try to eat enough so that I NET 1500 calories. If I try to net more than that I get scared that I'm eating too many calories. At least if I'm misjudging the amount of calories I'm eating, I'll have a bit of wiggle room that way.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I was netting 1200-1300 a day, but recently I changed my calories to 1500. I don't eat calories back now. I figure it will even out. I usually burn about 300 a day, when I'm not sick... so that would put me at 1200 if I ate all 1500. Some days I don't work out, some days I don't eat the full 1500. I hate having to eat back exercise because I have no appetite as it is and most days it's hard for me to even get to 1200.
  • crazycakez
    Options
    If I'm hungry after eating all of my NET calories, I will eat them. But usually I don't. After dinner I find that if I think I'm still hungry, I drink a glass of water and then try to decide if I'm actually hungry or just bored/tired/whatever. I just try to listen to my body.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eat them.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I burn about a 1000 calories 5 days a week. Working out makes me too hungry not to eat back some of those calories.

I finish most days net -6-700