Curious - WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FRUSTRATION?

Options
In talking with friends who are trying to lose weight, we got on topic of our biggest challenges. Mine is staying motivated, discipline, and having will power. A lot of us had the same frustrations. Others were their need to figure out their nutrition portions, etc. How about you?

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Mine is having to log and take note of everything I eat. I wish I could just eat what I wanted, when I wanted and not have to think about going over my calories or macros.

But I have goals and this is the tool that I need to reach those goals.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Trying to still eat some of the things I enjoy, that are less than healthy, without bingeing on them and spiralling out of control for a week. I have yet to find what works. Having 1 item per day worked for a time. Having a day or a meal doesn't seem to work. I find that I tend to want all the things I crave in one go, and cannot choose one per day/week, it is a bit of a nightmare really. I seriously wish I hated sweet things sometimes, lol.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think my frustration is when I know I've 'worked hard' and I still don't lose weight. I have a really bad metabolism, I'm pretty sure it was broken when I was younger after an illness, but either way, the doc agrees LOL So yes, any plan or diet I've ever followed, I've always had to go lower than what would be the usual limit for my height/gender/activity level in order to see a different. So it gets incredibly frustrating when you know you've had a good week foodwise but it just doesn't reflect on the scales. Kind of makes you think there's little point. And I'm sure other people here have had that feeling!

Times like that, I have to pretty much fight not to let it get to me too much. I try and focus on the week ahead instead, but it's difficult.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration was trying to figure out (read: do all the actual maths for) macronutrient split. Sooo many websites gave suggestions based on Lean Body Mass (LBM). Well, frankly, if I had a Lean Body, I wouldn't be calculating macronutrient needs to eventually become a Lean Body. Most of those same websites gave ridiculously conflicting information as to how, when, or under what conditions to calculate LBM. Eventually, I just said screw it and adjusted MFP settings to reflect 40/40/20 split. So far, so good, though it would be cool to have a BF calculation beyond "Oh, my pants are loose/my shirtsleeves are too tight" and "Oh, my pants are too tight and I jiggle too much when my car hits speedbumps."
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I felt hungry all the time when trying to stay within my calories. After many months, I feel full on less food...it seems like it took forever, but really we are talking 6-8 months or so.
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    hoping that 3000+ calories a day will finally help me gain weight! im too chicken to check yet, its only been a week and i dont want to be dissapointed if i havent.. but this is the first time ive actually tried so i hope it works!