Anybody have a Wii fit?

Options
Hey all, I'm wondering does any one have a Wii fit? Do you get any satisfaction out of it for like a work out or anything? I really want to get one because I think they are a blast but I've heard conflicting stories about if they really help burn calories enough to give you a good feeling of a work out. I've only done the bowling on a friends game console. I'm just wondering if it would be something to do on a rainy day once in awhile to change things up, or are there people out there who use it on a more regular basis for a work out??

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have WII fit and WII fit plus. I LOVE THEM. No its not a mind blowing work out but it is a workout. There are all sorts of things to do on them. For me its the only work out I get (other than every day chores) It makes me sweat and I have lost a total of 17 1/2 inchs and 32 pounds with WII fit ,along with healthy eating in 4 months. There are a couple WII fit groups on the site to.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have one! The trick to the Wii fit is that if you are really trying to lose it should not be the only thing you do but it is a great tool especially for rainy days! I just started back up seriously again and have been doing it everyday since it's what I've had time to do. I've been doing an hour of it and boy, my arms are sore from boxing! That one's my favorite-- gives me the best workout. I would definitely recommend it just make sure that you do a good variation of the different types of exercising.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    What kind of games can you get for it?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you want a mind blowing workout from your Wii, invest in Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. It's too intense for me to get through. I also get a hard workout from Wii Biggest Loser.
    Wii Fit Plus gives me a satisfactory workout, thanks to boxing. A few times through that will burn off 300 calories or so. I'm huffing & puffing & dripping sweat after an hour using these games.
  • kmp_bob
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit. I purchased the original Wii Fit disc and the Jillian Michaels disc. The original Wii Fit does not provide a good workout. However, there are other add-ons that you can buy to make the workout more challenging. I was at Best Buy and saw attachments for the balance board to make the board higher like a regular stepper. there are also a few other items you can buy to add on to your workout. The attachments were of particular interest to me because the step aerobics is just not challenging enough. The Jillian Michaels disc did not work properly for me. Most of my steps were not sensed so my avatar was moving at a very slow pace. It was VERY frustrating. Sometimes that happens with the Wii Fit running section as well. I would like to change the new Wii Fit disc and the Jillian Michaels 2010 discs. DrBorkBork, if you were going to invest in one disc, which one would it be? Good luck Pawprint!
  • nsgrimm
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit (the original) and I don't think I would purchase it again. It's okay if you want something to do besides sit on the sofa but for a good workout, it doesn't help at all. Good luck! Sounds like I need to invest in the Jillian Michaels disc.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I'm excited to try it out. It sounds like they've made quite a bit stuff and several good programs. I've done Jillian Michaels before and it kicked my butt. I hate doing regular old cardio routines I was thinking this would be a fun way to work out.
  • crumpgirl
    crumpgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I don't have Fit but I do have My Fitness Coach and Wii Active. I would highly recommend Active. I did a 45 min workout on it last night and burnt 415 calories without really killing myself (other posters feel Jillian's is too intense). You can choose different workout intensities and lengths or they even have a 30 day challenge. They have a new one that just hit the stores that called Wii Active: More Workouts that they say is even better but is a sequel to the first. It has a 6 week challenge. Go to Amazon and read the reviews for the and see for yourself. I did last night and was glad I didn't waste money on the Fit game. You don't need a balance board for the Active games which is a plus.
    Karen
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    kmp_bob, if you're looking for an intense workout, go with Jillian 2010. I run & hide from my disc.

If you're looking for a fun, but still satisfying workout, Wii Biggest Loser is pretty good.

There's a new fitness game coming out called Your Shape. It comes with a camera that helps you get yourself into the proper pose for each exercise so you can get the most out of the workout (and not hurt yourself).