Whic protein powder for 'Protein Fluff'? - in the UK

Options
geebusuk
geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
Looking to make some 'Protein Full'.
So far the ones I've tried (Whey and a mix that included casein) have failed and made a bit of sludge.

Did have a look in the local Holland and Barrat earlier, but it's a small one so no casein at all.
Might as well order online - as per subject, in the UK.

Replies

• geebusuk
    Options
    Wow, really shouldn't post at 2:07AM when you can't edit your posts!
    So:
    *Which
    *Fluff

Just looking for a decent 'known to be good' powder for making "protein fluff" that's available in the UK.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Can you get optimum nutrition casein there? I have had success with that.
  • geebusuk
    Options
    Yes we can, cheers.

Thought I'd looked there, but the lean gains site recommends Micellar Creme which is also available here, so will compare prices and stock etc.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Don't know if we can get these in the UK?...worth looking into though

http://proteinfluff.com/pages/proteins/
  • geebusuk
    Options
    Thought I'd looked there, but the lean gains site recommends Micellar Creme which is also available here, so will compare prices and stock etc.
    Actually, I misread, that was for a different 'recipe' - it was Gold Standard 100% Casein that he recommends as the best.

Have seen that page cheers Lottie - it didn't clarify if some where better than others etc, so thought it might be worth asking here.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I find little use for protein powder. I end up eating enough food protein and to me the powder is just extra that I don't seem to need. I suppose it would be useful if you don't eat enough food protein or need to add calories, or it's just quick? But I would rather have solid food.

What is protein fluff?
  • geebusuk
    Options
    There's an explanation of protein fluff here: http://proteinfluff.com/

I'm trying to get a good bit of protein (1g per lb of body weight) while still keeping total calories under control.
    I could happily eat some nice ham and indeed the other day had a packet of ham for post-climbing nourishment.
    However protein is relatively cheaper and often less hassle.

Protein fluff specifically I'm interested in because it's low calories, yet very filling