Runners! Do you carry on a foam roller?

Options
I started using a foam roller apx 10 days ago. I love it! My legs feel great since I started using one. I have a half marathon on Sunday and have to fly (Delta). It doesn't fit the standards they state as a carry on. My hubby took it on in January to marathon weekend in Florida and never got questioned for it. However we had a dr note stating why we had it. Have you ever carried one onto a plane? It's apx 30" long.

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I found a shorter roller at Target.. and I packed in in my checked luggage. It's about 15" and might fit a carry on... not sure. I really can't live without it. I also have a marathon stick.. you can get them in shorter lengths to fit you carry on.

https://www.thestick.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=G-1750

But I prefer my foam roller!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have the stick but the foam roller is amazing! Never thought I'd enjoy the pain of using it but it made a huge difference with my leg. If I had a target I'd check it out. I pick my hubby up Thursday from the airport I'll have to try and leave a little earlier and swing by the Target there. Fingers crossed my day goes well so I can check it out. I guess if I carried on and they said no I could throw it away. I wonder if the chiropractor we bought it from would have smaller ones? (Maybe I'll have to give them a call in the morning)
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    i carry one through the airport. I tried to talk my wife into letting me cut my long one in half so i could fit it in a luggage but she wanted to keep it long...
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    i carry one through the airport. I tried to talk my wife into letting me cut my long one in half so i could fit it in a luggage but she wanted to keep it long...

Not cutting it in half ;)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you asked this. I never have taken mine with me before, even when I've stayed the night in a city before a race. But this weekend I have a 5-K on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday and I planned on taking mine with me.

I'm driving though, so I don't have to worry about flight rules. So I guess I'm not much help.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I'd buy a half-size one before I'd try to take a full-size one through an airport. Should only be $15-20.