Do you have a home gym?

Options
I'm putting together my home gym, on a very tiny budget. lol. We painted it the other night, a very nice orange sunset color, and I've ordered some decals for the walls. I have a few pieces of equipment to put in there but nothing very big. Do you have a home gym? If so, can I see a photo of how you have it laid out? :D Thanks.

Replies

• Shfiftyfive
    Options
    1045c2w.jpg

It's simple, but I like it. I go to the gym or outside for cardio.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I wish... some day.
  • CassandraM22
    Options

Cool! I want stuff like that so far I've got some hand weights and a stepper, and a little recumbent bike.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I do but...

I've basically accumulated equipment over the years. Elliptical, kettlebells, TRX, Powerblocks, bosu, weight bench, step, resistance bands, bench, etc.
  • Shfiftyfive
    Options

Cool! I want stuff like that so far I've got some hand weights and a stepper, and a little recumbent bike.

Check Craigslist for sure. I got the power rack, barbell, the less nice bench (in the back), half the dumbbells, and half of those plates for $250. Not always likely to get that kind of deal, but they're out there!
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    ok so here is my little gym! We got it finished.

So we have this 3rd bedroom, it was kind of like a catch-all where my little bike was. SO...we completely made it over into a dedicated gym! We painted it Mandarin Orange

7917767428_e123cca0a8.jpg
    Casey and Reagan's Home Gym Makeover 5 by caseym22, on Flickr

7917766512_44c25a788c.jpg
    Casey and Reagan's Home Gym Makeover 1 by caseym22, on Flickr

<p>

7917766730_98d5795da7.jpg
    Casey and Reagan's Home Gym Makeover 2 by caseym22, on Flickr

<p>7917767172_b557f794dc.jpg
    Casey and Reagan's Home Gym Makeover 4 by caseym22, on Flickr</p>

7917766942_d35379bddc.jpg
    Casey and Reagan's Home Gym Makeover 3 by caseym22, on Flickr
  • jaweiss1
    jaweiss1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Our home gym:

Untitled-1.jpg
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Cool! I really want a weight set like yours, I dont know if my little gym can hold it though. lol.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No pics currently, but I have a squat rack in 1 corner, a pull-up station in the other, and a rack of dumbells in between. It's all you need and pretty space efficient. I got most of it used, so it was pretty cheap, too.

On a side note, stop spending money on paint and decals... use that money for equipment. Once you have your equipment in order, then worry about the rest.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Cute color in your gym!

Because I have free access to a gym that's right across from my work, I make do with an exercise ball, a few sets of dumbells (5, 10, and 25 lbs), and stretchy rubber tubes from my physical therapist. Between those, I can do pretty much all exercises I need.
  • EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    I've got a kettlebell, some running shoes and a couple bikes.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    LOVE the color!

I ride and use a Schwinn AirDyne that we have in a spare bedroom loaded with a bunch of other junk. I'd like to clean out this room and add a TV so I could use my Wii, Reebok Step, and exercise videos. I have some free weights, but I'd like to get more. Also, would like to add a treadmill or Nordic Track.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    No pics but I have a full 250-pound weight set/bench with Olympic bar, high-tech treadmill and a Captiva elliptical by Yowza, plus a set of resistance bands, chin up bar, push up stands, yoga bricks and an inversion table.

Erica
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Looks nice :) I think it's important to make your workout area a place you actually want to spend time. I find good, strategically placed lighting (warm coloured incandescent bulbs) makes it feel welcoming too.

I just have a yoga mat & swiss ball, and some adjustable BB and DB bars and plates. I put everything in my closet when I`m done (I stack the plates for easy access, roll up the mat, and shove the ball under my short coats). (My workout area is also a study/storage space.)

Side note: why is all equipment designed with such masculine materials and silly colours? I'd want everything white. It actually really bothers me that my mat is blue, the ball pink, etc. I'd use a texturized matte finish on any metals, not that shiny powdered aluminum crap home equipment used to be made of in the 80s. Would paint it all if it made sense!
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We have a treadmill, an elliptical, and a stationary bike. We also have items such as hand weights, yoga mats, resistance bands. Next piece I'm looking to pick up is a weight station or bench!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I love the color you've chosen! It's so cheerful and energizing!

Agree that Craigslist and yard sales can be great places to find used equipment. So many people buy it, use a month and then forget it that you can often find deals. Good luck!
  • BigRich822
    Options
    download?mid=2_0_0_1_24572_AODTi2IAAHp7UEUSaQwsYhUjJRY&pid=1&fid=Inbox&inline=1
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I wanted it to be a happy place. I dont like dark places or places that dont inspire me. :) So when i buy paint and decals it is a part of my mental fitness, makes me happy to be in there when I can look around find inspiration all around me.
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Looks nice :) I think it's important to make your workout area a place you actually want to spend time. I find good, strategically placed lighting (warm coloured incandescent bulbs) makes it feel welcoming too.

I just have a yoga mat & swiss ball, and some adjustable BB and DB bars and plates. I put everything in my closet when I`m done (I stack the plates for easy access, roll up the mat, and shove the ball under my short coats). (My workout area is also a study/storage space.)

Side note: why is all equipment designed with such masculine materials and silly colours? I'd want everything white. It actually really bothers me that my mat is blue, the ball pink, etc. I'd use a texturized matte finish on any metals, not that shiny powdered aluminum crap home equipment used to be made of in the 80s. Would paint it all if it made sense!

OMG, I'm the same way, I want everything to be in happy colors that match. I dont like it that everything is dark or dingy and my weights are in three different colors. lol. You can actually BUY paint for metal and plastic! so if you dont like the color of what you have...you can paint it which I've actually been considering. :D
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    No particular dedicated spot at the moment but I do have:

- A cheap bench (will probably upgrade eventually, I'd be afraid to do heavier weights on this one than I currently have done)

- Exercise ball

- Three 8lb medicine balls

- Sets of dumbbells 8/10/12/15/20/25/30/35/40/45 pounds and plated adjustables for anything heavier

- Speed rope

- Agility ladder

That's about it.. I definitely need to pick up some olympic weights, a good bench, and a good squat rack sometime.