Seriously!

Options
Ok so, I just made some pizza rolls for my daughter because they are great finger food for her and super quick. I just happened to look at the bag and the serving size is 6 pizza rolls and those 6 little rolls contains 200 calories.... I used to eat like half a bag of these back in high school all the time... I was shocked... so much for eating those now when I'm fixing them for my daughter!

Anybody else have a calorie shocker?

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    The buttermilk rolls/biscuits (the kind in the cardboard rolls that "pop" open); one biscuit is about 180 calories. There were times (not recently!) that I would eat a whole batch... 8 rolls = about 1450 calories!!!! My stepdad made them to go with dinner tonight and I said no thanks. :smile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    The buttermilk rolls/biscuits (the kind in the cardboard rolls that "pop" open); one biscuit is about 180 calories. There were times (not recently!) that I would eat a whole batch... 8 rolls = about 1450 calories!!!! My stepdad made them to go with dinner tonight and I said no thanks. :smile:

Holy crap.... that's crazy.... I love those too by the way lol. It's amazing what we use to get away with!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I love those! I just recently got introduced to them actually and on Saturday I think I ate half a pack. oh oh :S
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    Heh...I used to eat the WHOLE bag of pizza rolls! I just don't even keep them in the house anymore.

Oh and did you ever just open my eyes! I always get the Michelina's Lean Pizza Rolls. Yah, Lean!? Not in the least. I looked up the calories....200 calories per serving...and, of course, TWO servings per box. That used to be like half my lunch. My hubby is late night shopping right now, and I wish more then ever that he'd have taken the cell phone...i def put those on my list and I want to call him and tell him NOT to get those now!

Thanks for the eye opener.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well I had a pizza pop the other day, two actually, and entered it in and they were 500 calories and something like 24g of fat!! I used to eat at least two, maybe three a day.
    Now I might eat one for lunch, but never again two, thats for sure!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Cinnabon's cinnamon roll. Yummy and gooey, but until recently never thought anything about it. Almost 800 calories per each. But oh so yummy, so once in awhile, I will work my little hiney off to be able to splurge on one....and then go into a sugar coma.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Anything pizza related seems to be super high in calories. No more pizza rolls or biscuits for me... regular or Cinnamon rolls.... geez. But they are so good......... Mac and cheese is super high too which sucks because I love it...
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Umm yea...half a stick of butter 405 calories! Not that I would munch on a stick of butter for a snack lol, but....I use it a lot when I cook for my family.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Bananas! I know they're not bad calories, but there's about 75 calories in the extra small ones that grow here! I can eat like, 3 or 4 or them without thinking and then go...."oh crap."