What's up guys?

Options
Hi. My name is Chris. I am planning to lose 15 pounds. I am currently 155 lbs at 5'7 and I want to be 140 lbs. Is that okay? Or is my weight already ideal for my height? Any tips and thoughts would be deeply appreciated.

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hmm you might wanna calculate ur BMI, check under tools.

I just ran it for you and it said :

Your BMI is: 24.3
    Target weight range: 118.1 - 159.6 lbs
    said you were at a HEALTHY range.

So perhaps you may not want to focus so much on losing weight as on toning up and doing some cardio to build up your resistance. I read your profile and it said u play sports but have higher expectations from ur team. I've hear a lot of good things about the C25K program, which is supposed to build up ur endurance and have u running 5k in about 9 weeks.

Go here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Looks like you are in a good zone to me. Just try to eat healthy and get some exercise in 3x a week, and looks to me like u are in pretty good shape
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I was prety much in the smae boat 18 months ago. I am 5'6" and weighted 150, I am not 136, which is lighter than I wanted to be, I was aiming for 142, but I am in much better shape. If you do want to loose it will be slow as you don't have much to loose, and you may want to aim for 145, 140 is a little low at your height.

I did P90x twice, and it worked so it may be something you should look into, provided you are in decent shape now. Good luck